Risk assessment and HSE at larger events
If you are organising a conference or a similar large event, you need to do a risk assessment.
The risk assessment provides insight into three key questions #
- What can go wrong?
- What can be done to prevent it from going wrong?
- What do we do if it still goes wrong?
Consider the following factors when working with the risk assessment #
- How the venue is organised
- Location of booths and other installations
- Fire safety regulations
- Emergency exits
- Safety measures
- Availability of emergency aid kits
It is essential to have established guidelines and distributed roles and responsibilities in case of emergency. This will prevent confusion, discussion and misunderstandings in a critical situation.