Not for employees at Fellesadministrasjonen
Norsk versjon - Foreldrepermisjon
If you are an employee at one or more of the faculties at NTNU, please notice that there are new routines following your application on parental leave. The diversity of employees at NTNU put together with a complex set of rules and regulations in the Norwegian law makes it difficult to apply for parental leave and parental benefit from NAV. The main goal is to help employees and their superior officers to establish a parental agreement, and to provide guidance in the process of applying for parental benefit from NAV (the money). If you are planning to apply for parental leave, you will now join a parental meeting together with your superior officer and a caseworker from Fraværstjeneten. In the meeting, we will guide you through laws, regulations and the application to NAV and NTNU.
Register your parental leave/sign up for a parental meeting #
Please use the web form below to register for the parental meeting. You may send it anytime you wish, at the latest 12 weeks before your first day of parental leave. If there are complicating factors to your leave, to your employment, or if you are planning to stay abroad for the birth and/or during your leave, please write down a few sentences to help us prepare for the meeting.
(use your NTNU username and password to log on to HPSM)
1. Choose “HR-department” from the menu on the left
2. Choose the form “parental leave”
3. Click on the button named “register” to send the form
When you send the form to Fraværstjenesten, we will reply with a formal invitation to a meeting concerning your parental leave. You may check your email and calendar for information concerning the meeting.
Please prepare for the parental meeting #
- Discuss with your partner how you wish to carry out your leave
- Bring the birth and personal number for your partner (and for your child)
Please notice that we will not make changes to the agreement on parental leave made in the meeting without justification. All changes to the parental leave/parental benefit will go through Fraværstjenesten, and your superior officer. Please notify us with any unexpected occurances. We will answer any question you may have, and guide you through your parental leave up until your last day of parental benefit from NAV.
Parental leave at NTNU – step by step #
- Do not apply for parental benefit from NAV before the meeting
- Inform your superior officer about your future parental leave
- Fill in the web form “parental leave” in HPSM
- Participate in the parental meeting
- Send a copy of every letter you receive from NAV to your caseworker as quickly as possible
Enjoy your parental leave!