Orakel Support Services
Orakel Support Services (Orakeltjenesten in Norwegian) helps all students and employees at NTNU.
Norsk versjon - Orakeltjenesten
What support is provided #
Orakeltjenesten offers support for NTNU IT's systems, including but not limited to:
- Create user account
- Email provided by NTNU IT
- Local storage and network storage areas
- Connecting to NTNU's network, local area network, wireless network and VPN
- Software installation help for software provided by NTNU IT
Contact Orakeltjenesten #
All students and employees can contact Orakeltjenesten by telephone or e-mail. Employees can also chat via Skype for Business and students are welcome to visit one of our help desks.
Phone: (students and employees) #
Call 735 91500
E-mail: (students and employees) #
Send e-mail to email@example.com
If you send an e-mail, please include:
- What do you want to do?
- What goes wrong?
- What kind of error message (if any) do you receive?
- Has it worked before, and if so, when?
- Have you tried other computers?
- Does it work for your colleagues or officemates?
Never provide your password to anyone, not even to Orakeltjenesten.
Chat: (employees only) #
Employees can contact Orakel Support Services via instant messaging (chat) in Skype for Business. This is how you get in touch with us:
- Find firstname.lastname@example.org in Skype for Business.
- Right-click Orakel Chat NTNU and select Send an IM.
- Start the conversation by sending a message to Orakel Chat NTNU.
- You will receive a welcome message and you will be queued. Feel free to write your question while you are waiting for an answer.
Help desks: (students only) #
Orakeltjenesten operates help desks at Gløshaugen, Dragvoll and Øya in Trondheim, in Ålesund and in Gjøvik. These help desks supports all students at NTNU, as well as residents at SiT's student villages. In Ålesund and in Gjøvik the help desks also supports employees.
|Campus||Hours||Location||for STUDENTS||for EMPLOYEES|
|Dragvoll||08:00 - 16:30 (Mon-Fri)||Building 8, level 5 (Library)||Yes||No|
|Gløshaugen||10:15 - 16:00 (Mon-Fri)||Natural Science Building, Library||Yes||No|
|Gjøvik||08:00 - 15:45 (Mon-Fri) ♦||K-bygget, basement||Yes||Yes|
|Kalvskinnet||10:15–16:00 (Mon-Fri)||Sverresgate 12, T01.632||Yes||No|
|Øya||10:15 - 16:00 (Mon-Fri)||Kunnskapssenteret, 2nd floor||Yes||No|
|Ålesund||09:00 - 16:00 (Mon-Fri)||The library, 1st floor||Yes||No|
|Ålesund||08:00 - 15:00 (Mon-Fri)||C-block, 1st floor, room C224||No||Yes|
|Handelshøyskolen||10:15–16:00 (Mon/Wed)||The library, 1st floor||Yes||No|
♦ Summer hours (15.05-14.09) for the help desk in Gjøvik: 08:00-15:00
Campus-IT in Trondheim #
Campus-IT is located at various campuses in Trondheim and serves employees with support and PC operations which requires physical presence.
Tasks carried out by Campus-IT
- Prepares computers (Windows) and delivers ordered equipment
- Reinstalls / Repairs Computers (Dell and Lenovo)
- Short term loan of computers during repair, ordering, emergency cases and teaching plans
- Provides wired network access
- Reports printers with errors
- Hands out usernames / passwords to foreign employees
Have a request number ready before you seek out Campus-IT
We do not have any help desks and are often out of office. You need to make an appointment by e-mail to email@example.com before you visit us. You will receive an e-mail with a request number. Please state the request number (NTNU-SDXXXXXXX) when you show up.
|Dragvoll||08:30 - 15:00 (Mon - Fri)||Dragvoll Bygg 2 nivå 3, room 2302|
|Elgeseter||08:30 - 15:00 (Mon - Fri)||Handelshøyskolen, room 4071|
|Gløshaugen||08:30 - 15:00 (Mon - Fri)||Sentralbygg 1, room 127A||Co-located with AV support|
|Kalvskinnet||08:30 - 15:00 (Mon - Fri)||Sukkerhuset. room 115||Moved from Akrinn 11. june|
|Moholt||08:30 - 15:00 (Tuesdays)||Jonsvannsveien 82, room JB439|
|Tunga||08:30 - 15:00 (Mon - Fri)||Tungasletta 2, room A-126|
|Tyholt||08:30 - 15:00 (Mon - Fri)||Marinteknisk Senter, room F2.128|
|Øya||10:30 - 14:30 (Mon - Fri)||Medisinsk-teknisk Forskningssenter, room 1.241||Door locked - use door bell. With an appointment or case number you will be served outside opening hours.|
Resolution time #
How long does it take to get help?
Cases are dealt with as quickly as possible, and normally are addressed and resolved within three business days. Systems and functions that are of a critical nature are prioritized. Cases that Orakeltjenesten cannot fix on its own are forwarded to the appropriate expert at NTNU IT within 30 minutes.