Office 365 OneDrive-NTNU
Norsk versjon: Office 365 OneDrive
OneDrive Cloudstorage #
Go to OneDrive (requires Innsida login)
OneDrive is similar to Dropbox and Google Drive. Here you can store your files, create new documents, edit documents and cooperate with others. Fully integrated with Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
Synchronize Onedrive to a folder on your computer #
First of all, make sure you have installed office 365 and Onedrive for business. Go to the startmenu and search Onedrive.
If it is not yet installed, navigate to this page.
Go to OneDrive via web and log in.
Click "SYNC" as shown:
If this is the first time using Onedrive, you might get a message asking for permission to start the app:
Check the box to 'remember choice' and click start program.
A login window will appear:
Fill in email@example.com and NTNU password
OneDrive will now ask where you want to store the folder.
The OneDrive folder will also have a shortcut in windows explorer under Favorites
Setting up for MAC/OS X #
You can find OneDrive here. Download and install, Follow the guidelines below when starting OneDrive for Business for the first time on OS X. Unfortunately for OSX users, you need to use a quick workaround to get OneDrive working while we wait for Microsoft to correct the issue;
- Click the OneDrive cloud icon up in your Menu bar and select Quit OneDrive.
- From a Terminal(Search terminal in the magnifying glass), type the following and tap Return:
defaults write com.microsoft.OneDrive-mac DefaultToBusinessFRE -bool True
defaults write com.microsoft.OneDrive-mac EnableAddAccounts -bool True
- Start Onedrive and go to preferences
- Click the accounts tab, "add a business account"
Fill in firstname.lastname@example.org and your NTNU password
Choose where to put your OneDrive folder
Click next and finish.
Username and password #
- When you are logged on to Innsida, you are automatically logged on to Office 365 and OneDrive through Feide.
- On mobile phones, tablets and when downloading to a PC, you will need to enter your username and password.
- Your username is: "email@example.com"
- Your password is: The same as on Innsida
Sharing and cooperation #
Storage and units #
- Each student is assigned up to 1 terabyte (TB) of storage in OneDrive for the duration of their studies at NTNU.
- You can install Office 365 on 5 units simultaneously.
Backup and version history #
To view deleted files in Onedrive, you can click the Recycling bin in Onedrive Web.
To view Version History, right click a file and choose 'Version history':
You will then see a list of previous versions available to recover:
OneDrive keeps a backup and version history for 30 days.
Information security #
Office 365 is a cloud-based software as a service. Onedrive is is a cloud storage service. Simply put this means that data processing, data storage and software exists on external servers accessible to us via Internett.
Attention about cloud storage:
- You should never store confidential or sensitive data in cloud storage services.
- You should consider information security if you plan to store personal data, research data and copyrighted content in your cloud storage.
- You can be held responsible for sharing copyrighted content.
NTNU have concluded a Data Processer Agreement with Microsoft Corp. including claims on data protection.