On this website you will find the information you need to take part in the elections of staff members to the University Board.
Norsk versjon: Styrevalg
Looking for something else? See topic: NTNU Election
Table of Contents [-]
Elections in spring 2021 #
Elections of staff representatives to the University, Faculty and Department Boards take place this spring. The University Board election will be conducted before Easter, with elections to the Faculty and Department Boards following in May and June.
- The register of voters is generated 20 February. Deadline for complaints: 5 March.
- Important dates for the University Board elections:
- elections announced 8 February
- propose candidates at the latest on 4 March
- elections 22 to 24 March
Register of voters for the spring elections - deadline for complaints 5 March #
The register of voters was generated 20 February. Logg on valgweb and check that you are correctly listed in the register of voters (voter category and Department). You should be listed in the register of voters if you have at least a 50 % position by 20 February 2021. At the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences academic staff with at least 20 % permanent position may also vote in local elections. 5 March was the deadline for complaints. After that no corrections in the register of voters will be made.
Results of the NTNU Board elections #
Permanent academic staff
- Aksel Tjora (SU) - member
- Ingrid Bouwer Utne (IV) - member
- Bjørn Helge Skallerud (IV) - member
- Anne C. Elster (IE) - deputy member
- Tim Kristian Andreas Torvatn (ØK) - deputy member
- Gøril Thomassen Hammerstad (HF) - deputy member
- Kjersti Møller (FADM) - member
- Peder Kristian Brenne (NV) - deputy member
Temporary academic staff
- Idd Andrea Christensen (NV) - member
- Emil Øversveen (SU) - deputy member
- Valgprotokoll 26. april 2021 med valgrapport for midlertidig vitenskapelig ansatte (pdf)
- Valgprotokoll 25. mars 2021 (pdf).
- Valgrapport for gruppen teknisk-administrativt ansatte (pdf).
- Valgrapport for fast vitenskapelig ansatte (pdf).
Propose candidates no later than 4 March #
The Board decides matters of significance to the strategic development of the university, adopts the accounts and budget, and shall oversee that the university's activities are conducted within the legal framework and guidelines given by the Parliament and the Ministry. As a member of the Board, you can make a difference and have real influence on the strategic development of NTNU.
Do you know someone who could do a good job on the NTNU Board? As a voter you may have influence not only as a voter, but also by proposing candidates to the elections. It is the voters who must propose the candidates, but ask if they are willing to do so first.
We need candidates of both gender and from all parts of the university. Candidates must have at least a 50 % position at NTNU which covers the elected term 1 August 2021 till 31 July 2025. However, a work contract till 30 June 2022 will suffice for temporary academic staff members who serve one-year-terms. The working language of the Board is Norwegian. Candidates must master Norwegian sufficiently to understand the documents and actively engage in the deliberations of the Board.
The Board usually meets 7 times a year and have seminars in August and January. The members are compensated for the work (66 000 NOK/year + 11 000 NOK per full day meeting. Travel costs are remunerated. Temporary academic staff may convert the compensation to salary for a few extra months. PhD fellows are entitled to prolongation of their employment contract without salary for the time spent on Board duties.
Proposals must be signed by three staff members from the same group of voters. Candidates should be asked if they are willing to stand for elections. Proposals should be sent to email@example.com on Thursday 4 March the latest.
Please use this template to propose candidates (docx). Remember to copy the proposers when the candidate proposal is sent by email.
Background information #
Composition of the NTNU Board #
The Board is composed of 11 representatives, 7 of which are internal and thus elected by employees and students. Deputy board members are also elected. Students or temporary academic staff serve for a term of one year, while other representatives serve for four years.
- Academic employees (3 members + 3 deputies)
- Temporary academic staff (1 member + 1 deputy)
- Technical and administrative staff (1 member + 1 deputy)
- Students (2 members + 2 deputies)
The term of the Board is from 1 August 2021to 31 July 2025. Information about the NTNU Board, including links to summons and protocols from previous meetings (mainly in Norwegian).
Election regulations #
Elections for the NTNU board and faculty boards are governed by NTNU's election regulations (english translation). The authoritative version in Norwegian is available here.
If you have questions, the election secretariat will be pleased to answer:
- Kristin Wergeland Brekke (Senior Adviser for the Director of Organization)
Election Board #
The Election Board ensures that elections are conducted pursuant to the Regulations for Elections at NTNU adopted by the Board.
- Director of Organization Ida Munkeby (chair)
- Synøve Halstadtrø Mørseth
- Tord Mjøsund Talmo
- Sturla Søpstad
Nomination Committee #
The Nomination Committee encourages candidates to step forward to enable a genuine election and presents the candidates on equal terms to the voters.
- Eirin Marie Skjøndal Bar (chair)
- Anniken Susanne T. Karlsen
- Elise Farstad Djupedal
- Anne Kristin Kvitle
- Morten Mørch
- Grete Wold