EPT fitness activities
Various activities for employees at the Department of Energy and Process Engineering (EPT)
Norsk versjon - Denne siden finnes bare på engelsk
|Activity||Time of year||Day||Where||Contact person||Instructors|
|Ski training||January - March. See latest messages||Wednesday||Granåsen skisenter||John S. Woods||Avantas Aktiv|
|Strength training in EPTGym||Most of the year - and the room is available at all times.||-||Varmeteknisk, EPTGym||Erik Langørgen||-|
|Running session||March -October||Wednesday||Øya stadion or Granåsen skisenter||Erik Langørgen||Avantas Aktiv, Frank Brissach|
Most of the year. See latest messages
|Thursday||Gløshaugen, Varmeteknisk, C201||Per Bjørnaas||Giovanna, Yoga Libre|
|Bicycle and ski service||Once each semester. See latest messages||-||Gløshaugen, Varmeteknisk||Per Bjørnaas||Selbusport'n|
|St. Olavsloppet||26 - 29 June. See latest messages.||Wed-Sat||Trondheim - Östersund (Sweden)||Ángel Álvarez Pardiñas||-|
|Kayak course||September. See latest messages||4 days||Trondheim area||Erik Langørgen||PadleNorge|
*Possible last-minute changes will be announced on EPTraining on Facebook (closed group).
EPTGym and strength training
The EPTGym is available for all employees at EPT. During the workday, employees at NTNU can exercise 1 hr./week. Facilities at EPTGym include amongst others: weights, treadmill, punching bag, climbing wall.
- Where: EPTGym is in the basement of Varmeteknisk, room B022B. See photo from EPTGym here.
- How to get there: Enter Varmeteknisk through entrance B, go down the stairs and through the the door with a glass window, and then through the first door you see. This door has a card access panel, all employees at EPT have access to this door. Note that the main door at entrance B is closed outside of work hours, but EPT employees have card access to this door as well.
Showers in Varmeteknisk
- 1 shower for women is found at entrance B, room A317 on the 3rd floor, through the glass doors on your right and inside the restrooms on your left.
- 4 showers for men are found at entrance C, room B170, in the basement, first door on your left (key card access to entrance C is needed, but you can also enter through corridors from the open entrances A or B in the daytime).
- 2 separate unisex showers, are found at entrance A, room C112 through the double glass doors.
The running sessions are for a wide range of fitness levels, also for people who prefer walking.
Since 2012, a team from EPT has entered the annual relay race St. Olavsloppet. The race takes place in beautiful natural surroundings and goes between Trondheim and Östersund in Sweden. The relay race lasts for 4 days in the end of June. Every other year, the race changes direction and goes from Östersund to Trondheim.
This is a social event, as well as a running event. The participants live, make and eat food together, and they run, transport, support, help and cheer each other on the way. Read Erik Langørgen’s joyful summary from 2014 here (pdf). See also team photo at the finish line in 2014, a team photo from 2015, and some photos from 2016 here.
Some facts about “loppet”:
- Total distance: 334 km, 51 legs
- The EPT team is number 278
- The number of runners for EPT is usually 20-25
- St. Olavsloppet is named after the Norwegian king Olav Haraldsson who reignd between 1015 and 1030, who later was announced a Saint in the Nordic countries.
- There are about 6000 participants in the relay race, and 200 teams altogether
All employees at EPT are welcome to join the team if they are interested, participation is regarded as normal working days with full pay.
Are you interested in joining the team for St. Olavsloppet? Contact person: Erik Langørgen.
New to the EPT fitness activities?
The goal of our activity programme called "EPTraining" is to have as many as possible of the EPT employees to exercise frequently and to get the benefit of it on the health, working capacity and general well-being. Further, a goal is to make more social meeting points and improve social relations among the employees.
EPTraining is for all levels of fitness and physical skills, and is not meant to be a showcase for those who exercise a lot.
EPTraining involves use of a web-based exercise log at Avantas Aktiv. You get points depending upon the time you exercise and the type of exercise (hiking, running, strength training etc.). The employees enter a team with a team leader, and the teams are competing against each other. Every four months there is an award ceremony (read more about the project (pdf)).
Please contact Per Bjørnaas to get started.