Cleaning procedures after COVID-19 infection
Approved by: Central emergency response management
Date: 12 August 2020
The guideline applies to employees in the Department of Campus Service
Cleaning in case of strong suspicion of and proven Covid-19 in persons who have visited NTNU's areas #
The purpose of the guideline is to protect employees against infection in the event of strong suspicion of and in the event of proven Covid-19 in NTNU's areas. The guideline covers all employees in the Section for Building Operations in the Department of Campus Services. All employees in the Section for Building Operations are responsible for ensuring that the guideline is followed. The section manager and area managers are responsible for ensuring that the guidelines are followed.
Required personal protective equipment #
- surgical face mask
- gloves with long cuffs (nitrile or latex)
- anti-contamination gown or disposable protective gown with a plastic apron. Disposable coveralls can also be used
- safety goggles
Both the user environment and the Campus Services Division must use required protective equipment for disinfection. Campus Services can assist user communities with the required protective equipment.
Disinfection procedure #
- Collect personal protective equipment and disinfectant from the storage area for this.
- Put on protective equipment.
- Avoid touching your face and eyes.
- Remove visible dirt with a disposable cloth or paper towel.
- Apply disinfectant with a cloth on frequently touched surfaces (do not use a pump dispenser or spray bottle, and follow the instructions).
- Dispose of waste in a separate bag.
- Take off protective equipment at the exit from the area.
- Put disposable protective equipment in the waste bag and tie the bag.
- Dispose of the bag as non-recyclable waste.
- Always wash your hands after wearing gloves.
NTNU provisions # #
- Measures in case of strong suspicion of, or in case of proven Covid-19 in a student / employee
- Attendance and visits to campus
- Guideline for work in laboratories and workshops
- Following a decision in SBL 05.08.2020, the guideline has been changed to a guideline for employees in the Department of Campus Services. It is a supplement to measures in the event of strong suspicion of, or in the event of proven Covid-19 in a student / employee
- Inserted a comment that the guideline is under revision as well as a link to measures in the event of strong suspicion of, or in the event of proven Covid-19 in a student / employee in the guideline for infection control and infection reduction measures.
- Removed "NTNU's guideline for physical attendance on campus states that an employee or student who has been diagnosed with coronary heart disease must report to their head of department or immediate manager with personnel responsibilities, including called manager". This must be notified to the number specified in the guideline for infection control and infection reduction measures, cf. the link above.
- Removed "Tenants and homeowners who do not have access to an e-caretaker, notify via email@example.com. Personal information about the infected must not be provided." This is stated in the guideline for infection control and infection reduction measures, cf. the link above.