Benefits and discounts
As an employee at NTNU, you have access to a number of benefits. These include everything from courses and other educational measures, pensions and insurance schemes, opportunities for flexible working hours and holidays, to various discounts and offers.
Norsk versjon - Fordeler og rabatter
Competence development #
- E-learning - Here you can find NTNU`s internal courses.
- NTNU Videre has courses and studies that can be combined with work.
Insurance and pension #
- NTNU employees are covered by group life insurance through the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund. (in Norwegian only)
- Pension and pension while abroad
Economic advantages #
- The Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund (in Norwegian only) offers mortgage loans to all state employees (this means you, if you have a job at NTNU).
- Permanent and temporary NTNU employees can apply for a credit card. This card is your personal card, but offers benefits that are negotiated by NTNU.
Other advantages #
- Newspaper (in Norwegian only)
- NTNU owns a mountain hut in Kongsvoll, in the Dovre Mountains. A number of other departments or groups may also offer mountain huts to their employees, but you must check with your division to find out more.
- Computer glasses
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation of workplace
- Health care services (in Norwegian only) - Foreign employees and students without Norwegian ID numbers should contact Gløshaugen medical center (73 59 32 80, Richard Birkelands vei 5 next to NTNU Gløshaugen). When the foreign employee or student has receive a Norwegian ID number, they too should contact their general practitioner.
- Psychologist service for employees
- Grants and gifts to employees
- Cell phone, mobile cell phone and wifi
- Fitness and exercise - Here you find information about training during working hours.
- Massage (employees at NTNU in Gjøvik only) - Masseur Svein Erik Hagen visits NTNU in Gjøvik wednesday between 07.30 and 13. Send SMS to +47 40 40 10 67 for booking.
- Welfare funds - Every year NTNU employees get financial support for welfare measures, such as for corporate sports and The pensioners' association.
Concerts and other events #
NTNU's students and employees are often given discounts for various concerts and other events.
- NTNU Kveld (in Norwegian) - NTNUs academic environment presents knowledge and cultural experiences to the public.
- Arrangementer for studenter og ansatte - Information channel about events for students and employees at NTNU.
Last edited: 21.09.2020