Benefits and discounts
NTNU offers a number of benefits and discounts to employees.
Norsk versjon - Fordeler og rabatter
Competence development #
- E-learning - Here you can find NTNU`s internal courses.
- NTNU Videre has courses and studies that can be combined with work.
Insurance and pension #
- NTNU employees are covered by group life insurance through the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund. (in Norwegian only)
- Pension and pension while abroad
Economic advantages #
- The Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund (in Norwegian only) offers mortgage loans to all state employees (this means you, if you have a job at NTNU).
- Permanent and temporary NTNU employees can apply for a credit card. This card is your personal card, but offers benefits that are negotiated by NTNU.
Other advantages #
- Newspaper (in Norwegian only)
- NTNU owns a mountain hut in Kongsvoll, in the Dovre Mountains. A number of other departments or groups may also offer mountain huts to their employees, but you must check with your division to find out more.
- Computer glasses
- Flexible worktime (in Norwegian only)
- Health care services (in Norwegian only) - Foreign employees and students without Norwegian ID numbers should contact Gløshaugen medical center (73 59 32 80, Richard Birkelands vei 5 next to NTNU Gløshaugen). When the foreign employee or student has receive a Norwegian ID number, they too should contact their general practitioner.
- Psychologist service for employees
- Cell phone, mobile cell phone and wifi
- Fitness and exercise - Here you find information about training during working hours.
- Massage (employees at NTNU in Gjøvik only) - Masseuse Svein Erik Hagen visits NTNU in Gjøvik wednesday between 8 and 12. Call 40 40 10 67 to book a meeting.
Concerts and other events #
NTNU's students and employees are often given discounts for various concerts and other events. These are typically announced on Innsida.
Last edited: 08.05.18