- Check your exam dates particularly for subjects not included in your study plan.
- Register for exams (Studentweb) after you have enrolled in the course.
Deadlines for registration:
- 15 September - Registration for exams - Fall semester
- 1 February - Registration for exams - Spring semester
- 9 July - Register to "re-sit" or re-schedule exams in week 32/33
- Delayed registration
Exception: Students at Bachelor in Nursing in Gjøvik must register for exams 1 month before each exam.
Cancel your exam registration
If you decide not to take the examination, you must cancel your registration in Studentweb, before the deadline.
If you don't cancel your registration by the deadline, it will be considered as an attempt to take the exam. You have limited attempts to resit an exam.
- 14 days before the examination date. You will find the exact date in Studentweb
- 20 July - Deadline to cancel exams for the re-sit exams in August
If you have a health problem or a disability, you may be entitled to have special arrangements during your examinations. Deadlines for submitting an application for special arrangements:
- 15 September - Special arrangement for exams, Autumn semester
- 15 February - Special arrangement for exams, Spring semester and examinations during the summer.
Compulsory assignments must be approved before you can take the exam. Kindly contact your department if you have queries regarding this.
Additional reading room places (will be announced before the examination period).
Find the date and place for your examination
- Find date, time and room in Studentweb or on the webpage of the respective course. Examinations are assigned a room three days before the examination date.
If there are a number of rooms listed for your examination, you can also find the exact time and location on Studentweb.
- Search for "Gamle eksamensoppgaver" by course code (page in Norwegian)
Example "Gamle eksamensoppgaver TMA4135"
You must arrive at the examination location, no later than 15 minutes before the examination is scheduled to begin. For digital examination you must arrive at least 30 minutes before the exam starts. Bring a photo identification (e.g. driver's license, bank card or passport). You must show this to the invigilators before you can sign the attendance list.
Permitted examination aids
During the examination
All bags and personal belongings, including cell phones and other electronic aids which can be used for communication (e.g. smart watches), must be placed at designated places in the examination room. Cell phones must be switched off.
During the examination, any communication between candidates is prohibited, both on and off the premises. You must not leave your seat without the invigilator's permission, and you must follow the invigilator's instructions.
- Illness during an examination
- Cheating during an examination
- Presence of teaching staff during examinations
- Find your examination room in the map (after checking room name)
Language in written assessments
You choose language/form of Norwegian (English, bokmål, nynorsk) when you register as a student on Studentweb.
You will find which rules apply to the choice of language/form for written examination question papers and examination answer papers in section 5-8 of the Academic Regulations for NTNU (pdf).
- You will find examination results on Studentweb.
- Examination result deadline is normally three weeks after scheduled examination.
- Explanation of grades and appeals
- Grading scale
Transcripts and diplomas/certificates
- Order a transcript or diploma/certificate
- Diploma supplement - English description of a Norwegian "vitnemål"
NTNU in Trondheim
Phone: +47 73 59 66 00
Visiting address: Realfagbygget E4-024
Postal address: Eksamenskontoret NTNU, NO-7491 Trondheim, Norway
NTNU in Gjøvik - Studenttorget
Visiting address: Studenttorget in the G-building, NTNU in Gjøvik, Teknologiveien 22, 2815 Gjøvik
Postal address: NTNU in Gjøvik, postboks 191, NO-2802 Gjøvik
NTNU in Ålesund - Student Services
Phone: + 47 70 16 15 02
Visiting address: Hovedbygget, 1. etg., Larsgårdsvegen 2
Postal address: NTNU in Ålesund, v/Studentservice, postboks 1517, NO-6025 Ålesund