- Check your exam dates particularly for subjects not included in your study plan.
- Register for exams (Studentweb) after you are enrolled in the course.
- About exam dates and locations
Deadlines for registration:
- 15 September - Registration for exams - Fall semester
- 1 February - Registration for exams - Spring semester
- 9 July - Register to "re-sit" or re-schedule exams
- Delayed registration
Cancel your registration
- 14 days before the examination date. You'll find the exact date in Studentweb
- 20 July - Deadline to cancel exams at the re-sit exams in August
If you decide not to take the examination, you must cancel your registration in Studentweb.
If you don't cancel your registration by the deadline, you will be considered to have taken the exam.
If you have a health problem or a disability, you may be entitled to have special accommodations during your examinations. Deadlines for submitting an application for special accomodation:
- 15 September - Special accomodation for exams, Autumn semester
- 15 February - Special accomodation for exams, Spring semester
- 15 February - Applies to examinations to be taken during the summer.
Compulsory assignments must be approved before you can take the exam.
Reading rooms and study hall locations. Additional reading room places will be announced before the examination period.
Find the date and place for your examination
- Find date, time and room in Studentweb or at the courses webpage. Examinations are assigned a room three days before the examination date.
If there are a number of rooms listed for your examination, you can also find the precise time and location on Studentweb.
You must arrive at the examination location no later than 15 minutes before the examination is scheduled to begin. At digital examination you must arrive at least 30 minutes before the exam starts. Bring a photo identification (e.g. driver's license, bank card or passport). You must show this to the invigilators before you can sign the attendance list.
Permitted examination aids
During the examination
All bags and personal belongings, including cell phones and other electronic aids which can be used for communication (e.g. smart watches), must be placed at designated places in the examination room. Cell phones must be switched off.
During the examination, any communication between candidates is prohibited, both on and off the premises. You must not leave your seat without the invigilator's permission, and you must follow the invigilator's instructions.
- Illness during an examination
- Cheating on an examination
- Presence of teaching staff during examinations
- You will find examination results on Studentweb.
- Examination result deadline is normally three weeks.
- Explanation of grades and appeals
- Grade scale
Transcripts and diplomas/certificates
- Order a transcript or diploma/certificate
- Diploma supplement - English description of a Norwegian "vitnemål"
NTNU in Trondheim
Phone: +47 73 59 66 00
Fax: +47 73 59 77 33
Location: Realfagbygget E4-024
NO-7491 Trondheim, Norway
NTNU in Gjøvik
Location: Teknologiveien 22
NTNU in Ålesund - Student Services
Phone: + 47 70 16 15 02
Location: Larsgårdsvegen 2
NTNU in Ålesund
Postboks 1517- 6025 Ålesund