How to report an emergency
This page supports the systematic emergency planning and preparedness work at NTNU and is for everyone who has a role in the emergency response organization. This primarily includes managers, specialist functions and resource persons listed in the notification lists.
What is emergency planning and preparednes?
Emergency planning and preparedness is the preparation, handling and normalization of events which themselves are, or may lead to, emergencies. An emergency is any incident, expected or unexpected, which threaten life or NTNU's core business, or that reduce NTNU ability to perform normal operation.
Notification of emergency situations
- Handle acute situations first.
- Notify your leader.
- NTNU's emergency telephone no is 800 80 388 if you can't reach your leader.
The notification loop - when and how to notify:
Policies for preparedness at NTNU
Rector has adopted a policy of preparedness at NTNU. The purpose of the policy is to reaffirm NTNU's ambitions for the systematic emergency preparedness work, in meeting the overall requirements and guidelines set.
The policy affirms:
- Goals for risk management, prevention and emergency planning
- Goals for the established emergency organization
- Goals for notification and mobilization
- Goals for education and training
- Goals for incident management and cooperation
Local emergency plans (in Norwegian)
- AD - Architecture and Design
- MH - Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- HF - Faculty of Humanities
- IE - Information Technology and Electrical Engineering
- IV - Engineering Science
- NV - Natural Sciences
- SU - Social and Educational Sciences
- OK - Economics and Magagment
- VM - NTNU University Museum
Central administration emergency plans
- HR and HSE Division
- Communication division (in Norwegian - logon required)
- IT Division
- Student Services Division
- Property and finance (pdf)
- University Library