For students and employees
Students and employees can book lecture rooms through the room booking system as soon as the lecture schedules are finalized.
Guidelines for room booking
General information about room booking
Employees and students at NTNU can make reservations for meeting rooms, group rooms and lecture rooms/halls. As soon as the lecture schedules are finalized in June/December, you can book lecture rooms through the room booking system.
Rooms can be booked every day, from 8-23 except on holidays. Some rooms have restrictions.
If you do not show up within 15 minutes after the reserved time has begun, anyone can take over the room.
- Check whether the room is available or booked, find information about the room and link to map (MazeMap) (Norwegian).
How to use the booking system (upcoming link)
Read the guidelines. The most important ones are under a separate tab.
Rooms that are booked outside operating hours (workdays 8-16) will be open if they are booked and approved in advance.
- If the booked room is locked, contact the building's custodian.
To check if you have access to the room, contact campus access control.
- Be sure to cancel booked rooms you are not using. Use the room booking system to cancel a room reservation.
Guidelines for employees
Employees can book lecture halls for the semester when room booking opens, after the schedule has been fixed. The booking will be automatically approved. A list of all your bookings can be found under "Show my bookings" in the booking system.
Scheduled activities are not to be booked in the booking system. For more information, see under "Scheduled classes".
Rooms that are not available through the booking system, or bookings that are not going to be held in the current semester (conferences), must be reserved via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include information about purpose, time and place. The order will be concidered according to the purpose
Meeting room reservation
Employees can use the Outlook calendar service to book meeting rooms.
Contact the department's student adviser or email email@example.com to change or cancel a scheduled activity. This is important to ensure that the schedule is displayed correctly and to liberate resources that will not be used.
Use the Online Course Planner to register your needs for the upcoming school year. Deadlines: 1 March (autumn semester) and 1 September (spring semester).
The schedule is published approx. 15 June and 1 December.
Reservation of computer halls
Computer halls can only be booked for teaching and by employees.
Booking of concerences that are not going to be held in the current semester and are not yet open in the booking system can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. A reply will not be available until the schedule for that semester is fixed. If the conference dates are outside of the lecture and exam periods replies can be received earlier.
Guidelines for students
Students can book group rooms and small lecture halls through the booking system.
- Students can book rooms 2 weeks in advance
- Students can book rooms for up to 4 hours per booking and max 8 bookings within a 2-week period.
- Reading rooms and group rooms in the library can only be used in the library opening hours and have separate guidelines.
- Computer halls can only be booked by employees.
Study halls, reading rooms and computer halls
Lower-degree reading rooms can be used by all students. Extra reading rooms will be announced at the overview page right before exams.
Computer halls can be used as long as they are not used for classes.
Teaching rooms that are not available for students through the booking system can be booked at email@example.com. Include information about purpose, time and place. The order will be concidered according to the purpose.
NTNU Linjeforeninger and student organizations
Linjeforeninger and other student organizations that need to book rooms for their activities must apply at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include information about purpose, time and place. The order will be concidered according to the purpose. The reservation will not be included in the student's quota.
Guidelines for booking of rooms for large daytime events during the semester:
- If available you can book the desired room through the booking system.
- If you wish to book a room that has already been booked for scheduled activities, please contact the lecturer for a possible swap. A swap requires that an equal room is available.
- When a swap has been agreed, please email email@example.com.
For external users
External partners book rooms at firstname.lastname@example.org. Bookings will be concidered according to the purpose and requires approval. The purpose must be related to NTNUs core activities.
Who can book a room?
- Other organizations with ties to NTNU
NTNU does not let rooms to other parties.
Regulations for use and booking of NTNU's rooms
As a user of NTNU's rooms you are expected to have read the rules for using rooms (in Norwegian)
- Anyone who books a room is responsible for using the room in the manner described in the reservation.
- The person who booked the room should be present when the room is being used.
- Rooms that have been used under this system should be ready to be locked no later than 23.00.
During the semester, checks will be made to ensure that the rooms are being used for the purpose they were reserved for and according to the guidelines.