What is Research Data @NTNU?
- a central support service for research data
- a service for researchers and students at NTNU
- a contact point for faculties and institutes at NTNU
- a collaboration between the University Library and NTNU IT
NTNU requires good research data management
Research data at NTNU should be managed according to best practice, and be as open as possible, as stated in the Policy and Plan of action for research data.
Data Management Plan (DMP)
All research projects at NTNU should develop a Data Management Plan describing how the research data will be managed.
NTNU Open Research Data
Research data at NTNU can be published and shared openly in our repository for research data, NTNU Open Research Data.
Search for data
Already existing data could be of use in your research project.
Here are some resources and databases where you can search for data:
Data Management Plan (DMP) and planning
All research projects at NTNU should develop a data management plan.
- There are several different tools that can be useful when writing a DMP.
If your reserach data includes personal data, additional approvals might be necessary.
Storage and active management of research data
A "storage guide" providing an overview over the different solutions will be available by the end of May 2019.
Archiving and publishing of research data
Research data at NTNU should be archived, and be published as openly as possible.
Training, guidance and support
Basic courses in data management will start up during fall 2019.
Please contact us if you would like a visit from Research Data @NTNU at your faculty/institute/research group.
Useful self-help guides
- Course in data management on FOSTER e-learning platform (EU project)
- MOOC on Open Science from TUDelft
- PhD on Track
If you can not find the information you are looking for,
please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org