Writing and submitting your bachelor's thesis
What is a bachelor's thesis?
The bachelor's thesis is independent work undertaken by the student under the guidance of academic staff as a finalization of a bachelor's degree, usually during the last semester.
You will find more information in the course description.
From preparation to submission
- Prepare - Some agreements might be required before you start writing. See "Information for your area of study" on this page.
- Write - See "Help with academic writing" further down the page.
- Finalize - Before the thesis is delivered, you should validate the pdf-file, and generate both a cover and a title page. This is also where you can order a printed version of your thesis. See "Finalizing the bachelor and master thesis" for details.
- Submit – At last, your completed thesis is to be submitted. See "Information for your area of study" on this page. If you are going to submit using the exam system Inspera Assessment, see "Submitting bachelor and master thesis - for students" for guidance.
See also information on archiving and publishing.
Information for your area of study
Check the course in Blackboard for information on starting up and submitting your thesis.
Ethics and privacy
- Collection of personal data for research projects (currently only updated version in Norwegian)