Financing for exchange studies
Norsk versjon - Finansiering av utenlandsstudier
Exchange scholarships managed by NTNU #
Many participants in exchange schemes will receive one of the grants that NTNU manages: NTNU, Erasmus, Nordplus or TOTAL scholarships.
- You do not need to apply for these scholarships; you will automatically be considered after you have submitted an application for exchange through Søknadsweb
- The scholarship is in addition to funding from the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund (Lånekassen)
Funding from Norway’s Loan Fund (Lånekassen) #
The Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund (Lånekassen) has good support schemes for funding of exchange visits, sometimes also for foreign students:
- As well as basic support, you can get funding for travel, tuition fees and language courses
- The Loan Fund can provide a preliminary statement that you will receive financial support, which you may need when you apply for a visa. This applies especially to the United States and Canada
- You must have received advance approval and have been accepted by the host institution before you can apply to the Loan Fund. Your exchange coordinator will inform you when you can apply to the Loan Fund
Other scholarships, grants and endowments #
There are many opportunities to apply for various sholarships, grants and endowments (cash donations). Some depend on geographical location, some are available for a specific field of study, and others are open to all. Here is a list of some grants and scholarships that may be relevant.
Funding of adaptations for special needs #