Wireless network for Android
This is a short guide on how to connect to the wireless network eduroam on Android devices.
Norsk versjon: Trådløst nett på Android.
Step by step #
- Go to Menu and Programs.
- Chose Settings.
- Select Wireless Networks.
- Select Wi-Fi settings.
- Select Eduroam.
Then a new window should appear and you may enter your credentials as indicated below:
Please note that Identity should be entered on the format email@example.com, this applies for both students and employees.
PEAP should in most cases be selected as EAP method.
MSCHAPV2 should in most cases be selected as Phase 2 authentication, otherwise leave blank.
The field CA certificate could in some cases be left blank, otherwise select "Do not validate". Warnings regarding this can safely be ignored.
Your Android device should now automatically connect to eduroam when in reach.
Alternative method: Eduroam CAT #
- Connect to the network ntnuguest
- Download the app eduroam CAT
- Open the app and choose "Norges Teknisk-Naturvitenskapelige Universitet" under
nearby configs by pressing the NTNU-logo
- If prompted, give the app access to your memory card
- Choose install
- Type in your username and password. NOTE! The username must be on the following format: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Press install, after a few seconds you will be automatically connected to Eduroam
- Remove/forget the network ntnuguest and delete the app eduroam CAT
See also #
- Wireless network
- Wireless network for visitors
- Email for Android
- Email on Android for Employees (Android 4)
Orakel Support Services can help if you encounter difficulties.