Students and employees may need to be vaccinated in conjunction with international travel and specific work situations.
Norsk versjon - Vaksine
International travel #
You should check well in advance if you must be vaccinated to travel to or through specific countries. You can find a list of countries and associated vaccination requirements on this vaccine map (in Norwegian).
You can be vaccinated at the following locations:
- Trondheim Vaccination and Infectious Disease Control Office. Erling Skakkes gate 40, 1st floor, Leutenhaven Entrance A and C. The office will also provide you medical advice for your travels.
- Your GP.
Specific types of work #
There may be specific vaccination requirements that are associated with your job responsibilities, particularly if your work exposes you to:
- Human tissue that might risk your infection with Hepatitis B: you will need a vaccine for Hepatitis B
- Live animals and/or soil: you will need a vaccine for tetanus.
- Wastewater and/or sewage: you will need a vaccine for diptheria, tetanus, polio and Hepatitis A (Hepatitis B).
A risk assessment of the workplace is necessary to decide who should be vaccinated. Contact the Occupational Health Service to get an appointment for vaccination and a targeted health check. You will need to fill out a vaccination form and bring it with you when you are vaccinated. You should also bring your vaccination card if you have one, or print a list of your vaccinations from Mine vaksiner on the Institute of Public Health web page (In Norwegian).
Helpful links #
- Medical examination
- Mine vaksiner
- Vaccination map (in Norwegian)
- Vaccination form - Fill out and take it with you when you are vaccinated.
- Occupational health service
- Margunn Losnegard Karlsen, occupational health nurse
- SiT Gløshaugen medical clinic, for employees and studens without a Norwegian ID-number.
- Trondheim Vaccination and Infectious Disease Control Office (in Norwegian)
- Find your safety representative
Approved by Director of HSE - January 27th 2016 - HMSR52E - ePhorte 2016/3901