Using Keywords on My Profile
The keywords and disciplines you register in Cristin will automatically be included on your NTNU profile page. Below is a guide to adding and changing these keywords. Norsk versjon - Emneord på Min profil
Subject Tags #
The effective use of keywords (also called subjects or tags) in your profile and publications will help to make your profile and publications more visible, for example when individuals search for these terms using Google. Moreover, these keywords may soon be used to link you with others who work in your area of expertise.
For these keywords to become visible in your profile, you must also register the tags with Cristin.
Create or change subject tags in Cristin #
Open Cristin in a new window in your web browser. Click the flag icon to switch to English, and log in using your NTNU username and password.
- From the left menu in Cristin, click on Researchers (Forskere) and then My Profile.
- Click the Edit profile link (also to the left)
- Scroll down the page until you find Academic discipline, subject, country, region linked to person, and click on Add subject.
- Type in your subject (keyword) and click Search for subject.
- Choose the keywords you deem relevant. These selections are already registered and in use by other researchers.
- If you do not find a word that applies to you, click Add new subject
- You can repeat the process until you have two or three keywords (recommended).
You can also select a discipline with which to associate the keyword on the left to focus your topic. See the next section
Add an academic discipline #
While you are editing your research profile in Cristin (as described above):
- Scroll down the page until you find Academic discipline, subject, country, region linked to person, and click on Addsubject.
- Click Add academic discipline.
- From the drop down menu, select a discipline that is relevant to your work
- Additional sub-disciplines will be listed. There are four levels from which you can choose.
Why hasn't my keyword registered?
Have patience, it can take up to 24 hours before your keywords are registered.
Why do I see an error message: Keyword not available . . .?
If you see this message when you attempt to change your profile,:
Emneord vises ikke fordi kildesystemet er ikke tilgjengelig for øyeblikket (The subject you have searched for is not available because the system is unavailable at the moment).
The problem is temporary, and occurs when NTNU's servers are unable to exchange data with Cristin's system. You should wait an hour and try again.