The HSE section
The HSE section is responsible for NTNU’s HSE system. Occupational Health Services at NTNU is a part of the HR and HSE division. The HSE section gives advice and aid to leaders, employees, the work environment committee and safety representatives in preventative work with health, environment and safety, and help creating and healthy and safe work environment.
Norsk versjon - HMS-seksjonen
The HSE system #
The HSE section administrates and develops #
- Systematic HSE work at NTNU, as detailed in the HSE handbook and in the HSE guidelines.
- The central emergency preparedness plan and warning list
- Radiation protection
- Safety data sheets
- The laboratory and workshop handbook
- The system for reporting problems and discrepancies
- The system for risk assessment
- The annual HSE report at NTNU
- Administrative HSE processing
- Leader support
- Reports to the board, the rector, the Work Enivronment Committee (in Norwegian) and the Learning Environment Comittee.
Meeting arenas #
- The Work Enivronment Committee
- The radiation protection matrix - for radiation protection coordinators at the faculty and in the central administration.
- The safety data sheet matrix - for safety data sheet contact persons at the faculties and the administration.
- The central HSE forum - for HSE coordinators at the faculties
Occupational Health Services #
Occupational Health Services can offer help in the following areas:
- Medicinal treatment
- Organisational and psychosocial work environment
- Systematic HSE work
- Occupational hygiene
The HSE section offers courses on a variety topics. See skill development at NTNU. The HSE ion can also develop courses based on the specific needs of individual units.
The HSE section collaborates with #
- Internal units at NTNU
- The Student Welfare Organisation in Trondheim (SiT)
- Occupational medicine division at St. Olavs Hospital
- The National Institute of Occupational Health(STAMI)
- The Norwegian Labour and Welfare Service (NAV)
- The Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority
Contact Information #
- HSE for employees
- HSE for students
- Occupational Health Services at NTNU
- Skill development at NTNU
- The Norwegian Labour Inspectional Authority's page on occupational Health Service (in Norwegian)
- The Norwegian Labour Inspectional Authority's page internal checkups (In Norwegian)