The University Library provides access to standard searches in many different disciplines for all students and employees, including access to fulltext NS, NEK (IEC), ISO and some NORSOK standards.
A standard describes requirements, specifications, guidelines or attributes that should be used consistently to ensure that materials, products, processes and services are safe, secure and accommodated.
Search standard.no #
In order to access full text versions of the standards you must be connected to a NTNU network - if not - you can connect via VPN
- The standards can only be opened with Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Can be opened/downloaded in most browsers
- Adobe Acrobat Reader plugin must be activated
- Can't find the standard? Check your downloads folder.
Limitations to the service from standard.no #
- Downloaded standards must be read / printed within 24 hours.
- NTNU’s subscription includes 200 printouts per year for each standard. For active standards older than 3 years the printout limit increases to 230/year. There are no limitations on the number of times you can open and view a standard on-screen.
- When you reach the max number of included printouts for a standard, you can buy additional copies for 30 % of retail price by using a discount code provided by standard.no.
- Discounted standards must be paid for by the user or the individual academic environment.
- Number of users is limited to 70 simultaneous users. If you fail to get access, try again later.
Download and read from standard.no on your tablet or smartphone #
- You need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your smartphone or tablet.
- Make sure you are connected to the NTNU network, either from the campus or via VPN.
- Access standard.no and search for the standard you want to read.
- When you open the file, you have to open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
See also #
- Search for standards in many different disciplines in the library's databases
- List of available standards in the Technology Library (pdf, in Norwegian)