The University Library provides access to standard searches in many different disciplines for all students and employees, including access to fulltext NS, NEK (IEC), ISO and some NORSOK standards.
A standard describes requirements, specifications, guidelines or attributes that should be used consistently to ensure that materials, products, processes and services are safe, secure and accommodated.
Search NS, NEK and ISO standards #
In order to access full text versions of the standards you must be connected to a NTNU network - if not - you can connect via VPN
- The standards can only be opened with Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Can be opened/downloaded in most browsers
- Adobe Acrobat Reader plugin must be activated
- Can't find the standard? Check your downloads folder.
Limitations to the service from standard.no #
- Downloaded standards must be read / printed within 24 hours.
- NTNU’s subscription includes 200 printouts per year for each standard. For active standards older than 3 years the printout limit increases to 230/year. There are no limitations on the number of times you can open and view a standard on-screen.
- When you reach the max number of included printouts for a standard, you can buy additional copies for 30 % of retail price by using a discount code provided by standard.no.
- Discounted standards must be paid for by the user or the individual academic environment.
- Number of users is limited to 70 simultaneous users. If you fail to get access, try again later.
Download and read from standard.no on your tablet or smartphone #
- You need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your smartphone or tablet.
- Make sure you are connected to the NTNU network, either from the campus or via VPN.
- Access standard.no and search for the standard you want to read.
- When you open the file, you have to open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
See also #
- Search for standards in many different disciplines in the library's databases
- List of available standards in the Technology Library (pdf, in Norwegian)
- Ann-Johanne Bjørgen or Gunvor Bjerklund Røkke - if you have questions about the services or feedback regarding the content on this page
- Contact your local library - if you have other questions
Follow our Innsida channel “Nytt fra Universitetsbiblioteket” (“News from the University Library”).