Software available by request
This article describes the prerequisite factors you should clarift before you request to purchase the software, when you can't find software that solves the task in the Software overview, Software Center, software.ntnu.no, the Software Farm, ot locally at your faculty/department.
Before you request to purchase the software, there are some points that need to be clarified:
- Free version?
Check for a free version of the software:
- Can NTNU use the software freely?
- Is there a restriction on how the free version can be used?
- Existing agreement?
- If new software has to be purchased, determine whether NTNU has an existing agreement with a supplier that delivers the software. There is an agreement with CrayonAS on software from Adobe, VMware, Statistica and SPSS. There is an agreement with Atea AS on software from Symantec, Clue, SAS and other software.
- If these existing suppliers can not deliver the software, we either have to bid or buy directly from the manufacturer depending on the amount of costs. See NTNU's purchasing regulations.
- Other clarifications
- Does the software comply with the digital safety guidelines at NTNU?
- Do we need data processing?
- Do you have funding and approve clearly?
- How extensive is the use of the software?
- Should it be used in teaching across the faculty?
- Should it be used for externally funded research?
- Should the software be used to control scientific equipment?
The Section for IT management in NTNU's IT division handles the procurement, conclusion and maintenance of software agreements. Therefore, contact Orakeltjenesten when you need help purchasing the software.