NTNU's Software Farm gives students and employees access to many different software programs - without having to install them. Students now have access to the whole Office package, for example. This is particularly useful if you are doing work on a non-Windows-device.
Norsk versjon - Programfarm.
On other devices you will first have to install a remote desktop client, see more info below.
- User guide for Software Farm for Windows
- User guide for Software Farm for Mac
- User guide for Software Farm on iPad and iPhone
- User guide for Android phone and tablet
- User guide for Software Farm for Linux
Availability at NTNU #
Both students and employees have access to the Software Farm. It's free to use, but some software has limited access. A full list of all available software can be found in the article about Software on the Software Farm.
NB! The programs can only be used for academic work - not for commercial work.
What are the advantages of Software Farm? #
Software Farm allows you to run applications via a server instead of having the software on your machine. All you need is Internet access.
The Software Farm gives you easy access to a lot of useful applications. It also allows you to:
- Access your files and documents wherever you are.
- No need to use VPN.
- Access to applications without installing them to your computer or other device.
- Run applications that are likely to respond quicker than if they were installed on your own computer.
- Get access to applications that are free of charge to use, although some have limited access.
Orakel Support Services can help if you have questions or if you encounter difficulties.