Skype for Business - Audio setup and making calls
On this page you will learn to configure sound and make calls in Skype for Business.
Norsk versjon - Skype for Business - lyd og anrop
Set up your audio device #
First things first: set up your audio device and check the quality. You can use your computer's mic and speakers or plug in a headset. Follow the steps below if you want to configure the audio device and check the sound quality.
- Click Select Your Primary Device in the lower-left corner of the main Skype for Business window.
- Click Audio Device Settings.
- Pick your device from the Audio Device menu, and adjust the speaker and mic volume.
Call a phone number #
- In the main window, click the Phone tab (only visible for users with telephony enabled)
- Enter the desired phone number using the dial pad.
- Click Call.
Call a person in the contacts list #
- Hover on a contact's pic until the quick menu appears.
- Click Phone button and select Skype Call or desired phone number.
Start a conference call #
- In your Contacts list, select multiple contacts by holding the Ctrl key, and clicking the names.
- Right-click any of the selected names, then click Start a Conference Call.
- Click Skype Call.
Answer a call #
When someone calls you, an alert pops up in the lower-right of your screen.
- To answer the call, click anywhere on the photo area.
- To reject the call, click Ignore.
- To start an instant messaging (IM) conversation with the caller instead of an audio call, click Options, and then Reply by IM.
- To reject the call and other calls until you change your status, click Options, and then Set to Do not Disturb.
Invite more people to a call #
- In the Meeting pane, click the plus sign in the upper-right corner, or click Invite More People in the Participants pane.
- Select or multi-select (Ctrl-click) from your contacts, or type someone's name or phone number in the Search field, then select them from the results. Click OK. (Your new invitees receive a request to join your call.)
Add audio to an IM conversation #
In the conversation window, click the Phone button.
Use audio call controls #
During a call, point to the buttons to do the following:
- To put the call on hold, click the Hold button.
- To mute your audio, click the Mic button in the conversation window.
- If call transferring is available for your account, click the Transfer button, and select the number you want.
- To hang up, click the Phone button in the conversation window.
Forward your phone calls #
Want your calls to go to your Voice Mail or to your cell phone or a hotel room phone?
- In the lower-left of the main Skype for Business window, click the Call Forwarding button.
- Select Forward Calls To.
- Select New Number or Contact.
- Choose a contact, or type a number in the Forward Calls field.
Turn off call forwarding #
Orakel Support Services can help if you have questions or if you encounter difficulties.