Sign in to Oria
In Oria you can search through the library’s printed and electronic collections; books, articles, journals, theses, dissertations, music, movies and more.
Do I have to sign in to search Oria? #
No, it is not necessary to sign in to search. The access to electronic materials is also not linked to signing in to Oria. But if you want to order books or articles, you have to sign in.
Access to electronic resources outside campus #
To get access to the electronic resources the library provides outside campus, you need to connect via VPN.
If you sign in to “My account” in Oria, you can:
- Get an overview of the material you have borrowed and your active orders.
- Renew your loans.
- Save search strings and references.
How to sign in #
Signing in - Students and staff at NTNU #
Go to ntnu.oria.no, and click 'Sign in' in the top right corner.
Select affiliation “NTNU” and sign in using your NTNU username / password.
If you don’t have a username / password, you will first need to activate your NTNU user account.
Signing in - Staff at St.Olavs Hospital and external users #
For ordering materials, you will need to be a registered patron. Contact an NTNU library for registration.
Select “BIBSYS” as affiliation and sign in with username (ID number on the back of the library card, e.g. M 0123456789) and password.
When signing in the first time, you generate a password by clicking "Forgot your username or password?".
Problems signing in #
Reasons why you get “Invalid username” when signing in:
- Your library ID number is too new. Wait until the following day before requesting a password.
- You may have mistyped your library ID number.
- Students and staff at NTNU must choose affiliation NTNU in the dropdown menu, all others choose BIBSYS.
More about literature search #
- Idun Knutsdatter Østerdal – if you have feedback regarding the content on this page
- Your local library –if you have other questions
Follow our Innsida channel “Nytt fra Universitetsbiblioteket” (“News from the University Library”).