Semester fee and registration
The semester fee is paid to the Student Welfare Organization (Sit). The fee is 580 kroner and finances a variety of student welfare services. Norsk versjon - Semesteravgift og registrering
Registration and payment deadline: #
- 1 February - Spring semester
- 15 September - Autumn semester
Semester registration #
You must register for each semester on Student Web.
- Log in to Studentweb
- Click on "Start registration".
- Follow the registration sequence. You will be asked to:
- Confirm to have read the study regulations.
- Update personal information, such as your addresses.
- Check your individual education plan.
- Generate semester fee invoice.
- Approve the use of picture.
Paying the semester fee #
Students on exchange from an NTNU partner institution will not need to pay the semester fee.
You will find the invoice for the semester fee on Studentweb. You can follow the link on the homepage of Studentweb, or via "Menu" - "Payments". Once you have created an invoice, you will find the payment information you need to pay the semester fee. For international students you may print the invoice and pay it at a bank or post office. Remember to keep the receipt.
If you have a Norwegian bank account with internet banking, you have the option to pay the semester fee online.
It takes 1-3 days from you pay the semester fee till it is registered in our system.
When we have received your payment your digital student ID will be updated. How to download the digital student ID app.
You need to bring the digital student ID to get a student card.
Paid the semester fee at another institution in Norway? #
It is not necessary to pay the semester fee to several institutions in order to study at NTNU. If you have paid the semester fee at another institution we must register this at NTNU.
- send an email to email@example.com
- attach documentation showing that you have paid the semester fee at the other institution
Are you a PhD candidate? #
As a PhD candidate you normally do not have the right or obligation to pay a semester fee. However, PhD candidates who take courses not included in the PhD program must pay the semester fee. If you want to take courses not included in your PhD study, you have to apply for this using Søknadsweb. When your application is granted you should be able to generate the invoice in Studentweb. If you encounter problems with this, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Semester fee reimbursement #
If you have paid the semester fee more than once for the same semester, you can claim a refund of the semester fee. This applies if you have paid multiple times for the same Student Welfare Organization, or paid to various organizations. You can also claim a refund if you have withdrawn from the studies early in the semester.
Deadline for reimbursement of semester fee is 1 February (spring semester) and 15 September (autumn semester).
Send an email to email@example.com when claiming reimbursement.
Related pages #
- New student? - Checklist for new NTNU students
- Activate your NTNU user account
- Plan your studies
- Blackboard - Log On - Guides and information
- Studentweb - what you can do in StudentWeb and how
- Educational plan (Norw.)
- Exams - what you need to know before, during and after the examination
- SAIH "tenners" - frequently asked questions