Salary - frequently asked questions
On this page can you find a frequently asked questions about salary.
Norsk versjon – Lønn - ofte stilte spørsmål
When do I get paid overtime? #
- Full-time and administrative employees should register overtime in Min Tid. If overtime hours are approved (“godkjent”) by employee before 1.th of every month, then they will get overtime pay at 12.th every month. Read more about it at Record hours in Min Tid.
- Overtime pay for those employees who register overtime in the HR Portal (mostly scientific employees), can be paid either at 12.th or at 25.th every month.
When do I receive travel reimbursement? #
- Travel expenses are paid on both the 12.th and 25.th of every month. It depend on when reimbursement form was sent and approved by your manager (leader) in HR-Portalen.
What should I do if I recieve an incorrect salary? #
Contact the local HR employee at your department. They can help you to find out what is wrong.
How can I change my personal information in the HR Portal? #
You can change your personal information as bank account and address yourself in the HR Portal:
- Section “My folder”.
- Find the section “New form” (in the upper left corner)
- Choose the form "Personal and family information”.
- Write new information in the «New value» section and "Save".
What does the different status messages in the HR Portal mean? #
- "Under registrering" – the form is in your own inbox and is not sent for processing.
- "Registreringskontroll" – the form is sent from employee and will be processed by Bot-Anna/Laila Robot.
- "Retur registrering" – the form is sent back to the employee. You can find the form in the HR Portal under "Waiting for you".
- "Manuell kontroll lønn" – the form could not be processed by the robot and is now being processed by an authorizer in the Financial Department.
- "Retur HR-konsulent/Retur variabellønnsansatte" – the form has been sent to an HR Consultant / Salary Authorizer who will process it.
- "Behandling variabellønnsattestant" – the form is under processing by an authorizer and waiting for clarifications.
- "Til kontroll leder" – the form is sent from authorizer (attestant) for salary to the manager/leader at your department for approval.
- "Overført" – the form is approved by your leader and waiting to be paid at the next payment date (12.th or 25th of every month).
Contact information #
For additional questions regarding salery, contact the Finance Department:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | A support-case at NTNU Hjelp will be processed.
- Service telephone for salary and travel expenses: +47 73 41 31 40 | Monday-Friday: 10 AM to 2 PM (GMT+1).