Report suspicious e-mail
How to identify and report a suspicious e-mail. For employees and students.
Please report all suspicious e-mail to improve on our filtering and to handle the situations that might arise from them.
Norwegian version: Rapportering av mistenkelig e-post
A suspicious e-mail contains one or more of the following list:
- Unexpected email with an attachment.
- Suspicious links. By hovering the link with the mouse without clicking, the address will reveal itself.
- Email containing a request for personal information.
- Credit card information.
- Financial information.
- Request of sensitive or secret information.
- Username and password.
- Misspelling(s) in the link.
- Unusual long links.
- Return address is apparently legitimate, but contains a request for bank transactions quick and/or secret.
If the email do not contain any of the mentioned criteria, but still is unwanted (SPAM) you may (as a temporary solution) report it using the steps below.
How to forward email as attachment
Press Message > More > Forward as Attachment, as shown below
Enterin the address field and press Send
This is how the e- mail should look before you press send.