Prolongation of exchange studies
International exchange students accepted for a stay at NTNU may apply for a prolongation/extension of their studies for another semester.
Topic page: New international student
- 1 Oktober for the spring semester
- 1 May for the autumn semester
How to apply for an extension #
- Email your contact person at the NTNU International Office within the deadline:
- Mark the subject line in the email with "Prolongation of studies - selection of courses"
- Include an overview of the courses you would like to take next semester
- You need to include a confirmation from your home institution that they approve the prolongation of your exchange.
- If you plan to do theses or project work, you will also need to provide a confirmation from your project supervisor at NTNU
- When you have been formally accepted for another semester at NTNU, contact the housing representative at the International office. The International office will contact Sit and ask for an extension of your housing contract. Note that you are not guaranteed student housing.
Contact persons at NTNU #
- Ms. Eirin Bakken: FR, SE, DK, FI, IS and non-EU/EEA citizens:
- Ms. Eva Ose Askvik: ES, PT, IT
- Ms. Kari Enge: All other EU/EEA countries and Switzerland