PhD forms - IE
PhD forms at the Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering (IE).
Norsk versjon: Doktorgrad - skjema - IE
How to progress with your PhD work at NTNU:
Guidelines on Digital ID for signing of green documents.
Getting started Discussion material for new PhD candidates and main supervisor (pdf)
Research ethics (introductory course). The faculty expect that all PhD candidates take the course at the start of their research education and ahead of applying for admission. In their application for admission, the PhD candidates shall reflect on research ethics issues regarding their proposed research work.
(Those without access to NTNU's systems can follow this link: https://s.ntnu.no/research-ethics-introduction)
- Application for admission (pdf - new digital version)
- Courses in Transferable Skills that may be applicable for the SET-disciplines
- Expiring admission forms (pdf | doc)
- PhD agreement (pdf)
- Individual study syllabus (pdf)
- Guidelines for research plan (pdf)
- NOKUT National Qualification Framework (cycle. 3)
- Progress report (PhD candidate | supervisor)
- Change in academic training (doc | pdf)
- Requirements for Academic Training, cf. Section 9-1 (pdf)
- Application for resuming academic position
- The Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering (IE) offers PhD fellows and post.docs a grant for resuming work after their parental or sick leave (100%) that has been continuously for 6 months. Granted applications will provide up to one month extra employment and shall be seen as a compensation for the time it takes to resume work. The scheme is part of NTNU's new Policy for Gender Equality and Diversity policy adopted by the Rector.
- Application for prolongation (pdf)
- Application for assessment of thesis (pdf | doc)
- Statement from supervisor (pdf | doc)
- Declaration of co-authorship (pdf)
- Administrative checklist regarding your completion (pdf)
The faculty adapts its routines to the Corona virus situation relating to disputations (doctoral examinations) as follows:
- Guidelines specified for digital doctoral examination at the IE faculty
- Information about Integrated PhD
- Use the regular form for admission and make sure to save a copy for your admission for part II (i.e. after completing the master's degree and normally the PhD education). In addition you need to attach a complete project description when applying for admission to part II of the PhD program.
PhD Regulation for NTNU
Evaluation committee forms
Forms for the administrator and the committee.
- Acceptance to serve on evaluation committee for PhD (pdf) – impartiality form
- Acceptance to serve on evaluation committee for dr.philos. (pdf) – impartiality form
- Assessment of PhD thesis (doc)
- Subject for trial lecture (doc)
- Examination result form (pdf)
(old form: doc)
- Guidelines for the Assessment of Candidates for Norwegian Doctoral Degrees (doc)
- [Grafisk framstilling av ph.d.-forskriften (§12) - fullføring (pdf)]