Payment for parking at NTNU
Employees and students can park their cars free of charge on NTNU in Trondheim's parking lots from 15 June if they have registered their vehicle in NTNU's register number database, and activated a parking ticket. This is a temporary measure during the Corona pandemic. See more info in this message on the Innsida.
These instructions apply to employees and students. Current parking arrangements at Gjøvik and Ålesund will not change until later.
Norsk versjon: Betale for parkering på NTNU.
Payment methods #
To access "NTNU Ansatt/student", you have to enable "Fordelsparkering". This applies to all payment methods. Add "Fordelsparkering" in the app or website, also before using the payment machines.
You can pay for parking on NTNU property using the:
- the smartphone app Apcoa Flow | app setup guide
The app is available in the App Store and Google Play. For Windows Phone, use the browser on the phone.
- the online payment solution from Apcoa Parking
Map feature not available, use takstsone/price code 9179.
- the payment machines (automats) at selected loactions.
Select "Ansatt/Student" on screen to pay "NTNU Ansatt/student" fee.
- All payment options allow NTNU tariffs, but require registration in NTNU's car number database
Pay with smartphone app #
- Download Apcoa Flow in App Store/Google Play. (You can change language at the top right corner in the app)
- Create a user account
- You will receive a SMS with a code. Enter the code and accept. You are now a registered user.
After creating a user account, your NTNU parking rights must be verified.
- Go to "Parking benefit" ("Fordelsparkering").
- Register parking benefit and choose "Universitet og høyskoler" and then "Benefit NTNU".
- Register with your NTNU e-mail address or e-mail address used in the NTNU car number database.
- You will receive your verification link at the specified e-mail address that must be verified. Note that your NTNU benefit parking will not be active until confirmed.
- You are now registered and your parking rights are verfied.
How to start and pay for your parking:.
- Select the desired parking area by clicking on the parking icon in the map.
- In order to start and pay for your parking, payment cards and vehicles must be registered. If this has already been registered, you can choose your parking time and start the parking by simply clicking "start parking".
- Your parking starts when you see the time counting down. You can also easily stop or expand your parking by clicking the "stop" and "expand" buttons.
- Once your payment has expired, your payment will be registered under "Your parkings".
Problems with the app? #
Contact Apcoa Parking:
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 22 05 75 00
Pay online #
Use the Apcoa Parking website - Create a user account by following the same procedure as the app (see above).
Choose price code "9179"
Pay using machines #
In the period (from June 15, 2020) where the rate for staff and students is set at NOK 0 per hour, the machine will charge NOK 1 per day. This is due to technical challenges in setting the price to NOK 0. It is therefore encouraged to activate p-ticket via app or website.
Press "Ansatt/Student" for NTNU price. You will find payment machines in the visitors' parking lots at the following campuses:
- at Perleporten,
- at the Main Administration Building, east side,
- at the Transportsentralen, street: S.P. Andersens veg, Valgrinda.
- at the driveway from "Loholt Allé",
- near the Dragvoll sports centre,
- at the parking lot nearest to the main entrance at Dragvoll campus.
Jonsvannveien 82 / Moholt
- next to the main entrance.
Marin Technology Centre
- by the driveway to the upper parking lot in Otto Nielsens vei 10.
- at one end of "Suhm-huset".
Parking rates at NTNU:
|Hourly rate||Applies to||Payment methods||Rules|
|28 kr||Visitors and|
unregistered NTNU personnel
|All payment methods||All lots|
|5 kr||NTNU personnel with registered vehicles||All payment methods||You can get the NTNU rate at 5 kroner per hour if you register your vehicle. Does not apply to zones designated for "visitor" parking, unless you have obtained temporary permission of on-site parking.|
|Free (Not at Gløshaugen)||Electric cars||-||See separate rules for electric cars. Vehicle must be registered.|
See also #
- Register your vehicle in NTNU's registration number database
- Electric cars – parking and charging
- MC/scooter parking (in Norwegian)
- Parking rules at NTNU
- Parking Topic Page
Questions related to parking rules: Contact Custodial Service
NOTE: To access NTNU Employee / Student, you must enable "Advantage Parking". This applies to all payment methods. Add benefit parking in the app or website before using the ATMs.