Office 365 Skype for business for students
Norsk versjon: Office 365 Skype for business for studenter
NB: Skype for business was previously known as Lync
Set up Skype for business for windows #
Once you open Skype for Business you will arrive at the Sign-in screen.
Make sure that you have office 365 installed and Skype for business. If you do not have Skype for Business installed you can get it for free via NTNU here: Office 365 portal.
- Your Sign-in address will be your NTNU e-mail in the format email@example.com.
- Proceed to fill in your NTNU password.
- Click Sign In.
- This will produce an error message. Hit OK and another field will appear on the Sign-in screen.
- Change your user name from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com:
- Click Sign In.
Guide for MAC/OSx #
The Office 365-package for Mac does, unlike the Windows-edition, not contain Skype for Business. Mac-users will therefore have to download and install Skype for Business separately.
- Download Skype for Business here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54108
- Open the .pkg file, this will start the installer as shown in the image below.
Sometimes it is necessary to hold 'ctrl' and right-click the icon. Then choose 'Open'
- Once the installation is finished open Skype for Business from Finder -> Applications -> Skype for Business
- Enter your stud-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org as shown in the image below.
- Open Advanced options and enter your FEIDE-user: email@example.com it's important to press Save afterwards, see the picture below.
- You will now be returned to the first window. Press Continue, after a short while you will be asked for your NTNU-password. Assuming that the password is entered correctly you should now be able to Sign In and enjoy Skype for Business.