Office 365 - TeamSite
TeamSite is a digital collaboration space, for students and employees. TeamSites makes collaboration, sharing and collaborative writing easy.
Norsk versjon: Office 365 - TeamSite
Table of Contents [-]
- What is a TeamSite?
- How to create a TeamSite
- Initial one year lifespan
- Frequently asked questions
- How do I invite others to join my TeamSite
- How do I remove members from my Teamsite?
- How do I extend the lifespan of a Teamsite?
- How do I change the name or look on my Teamsites tile?https://innsida.ntnu.no/wiki/-/wiki/Norsk/Office+365+-+Teamsite#section-Office+365+-+Teamsite-Hvordan+endrer+jeg+navnet+eller+utseendet+til+flisen+til+Teamsiten?#
- How do I delete a TeamSite
- I have lost my site owner privileges. What now?
What is a TeamSite? #
TeamSite is a useful tool for projects. TeamSite allows you to share documents, collaborate on making presentations or documents, share a todo list, email participants and share links.
A TeamSite is an open collaborative platform that allows you to invite collagues or others from outside NTNU.
How to create a TeamSite #
- Log in to innsida and then go to innsida.ntnu.no/o365
- Press the Samarbeid - TeamSite button
- Press Opprett rom
- Fill in the following
- Language - changes the language of the application form
- Title - the name of your new TeamSite. Note that this name can not be changed after the creation of the TeamSite. We recomend using a descriptive name.
- Purpose - a short description of the purpose of the TeamSite
- Color - the color of the tile (button)
- Icon - the icon that will be visible on the tile
- Press Create: Your application will be processed automatically, and the site created immediately. The process may take up to a minute. Do not close your browser while your application is beeing processed!
- Open vs Closed TeamSite: Closed means that anyone using search to look for your TeamSite will not find it via search the results. The only way to get access to the TeamSite is by invitation. Open means that other NTNU students and employees will be able to search for, find, and join your TeamSite.
Initial one year lifespan #
A TeamSite will automatically be given a life span of one year. When the date gets close to the expiration date the owner of the room will get an email asking to renew the TeamSite. The owner can change the expiration date of the TeamSite at any time by clicking the Administration link ont the right side of the Home page and change the "Change valid to". As default, the owner of a TeamSite is the creator.
Frequently asked questions #
How do I invite others to join my TeamSite #
Go to a TeamSite you own. On the right side of your screen, under "Informasjon og medlemmer" you will se a list of members.
- Press the icon to add people (next to the list of members). A small window will pop up
- Add people
- If the person is a student or an employee at NTNU: Enter the full name or the NTNU user name of the person you want to add in the top field, and then select the person from the list of suggestions
- If the person you want to add is not employed at NTNU or studying at NTNU write the full email adress in the top field.
- Set the access level
- Members: can read, write and fetch documents
- Owners: in addition to the member privileges, an owner can add and remove other members from the TeamSite.
- Visitors: read only access to the content of the TeamSite.
How do I remove members from my Teamsite? #
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner next to you profile image and choose "Site Settings".
- Click on "Site Permissions" under "Users and Permisions"
- There are three default access level groups in a Teamsite. Either click on the group where the person is a member or, if you don't know what group the person is a member of, click "Check Permissions" in the menu and enter the users name to find the membership.
- Choose the person you want to delete and click on "Actions" and "Remove users from group".
How do I extend the lifespan of a Teamsite? #
The entire Teamsite will be set to read-only once the expiration date is passed. The Teamsite will be marked as "Ready for deletion" and will at some point be deleted by the IT Department. If you wish to keep your Teamsite, please do the following to extend the lifespan:
Go to your teamsite
Click on Administration under Information and Members
Change the Valid to date
Save the changes
You have to be a Teamsite owner to change these settings:
- Go to your teamsite
- Click on Administration under Information and Members
- Change the settings you wish to change
- Save the changes
How do I delete a TeamSite #
The owner can delete a TeamSite manually by clicking the Administration link on the right side of the Home page and navigate to the "Delete TeamSite" tab page in the dialog window.
I have lost my site owner privileges. What now? #
You have probably clicked the "Delete unique permissions"-button in the site permission page. Contact Orakel and we will help you get your your site priveleges back.