Courses with just one examination per year will have re-sit examinations. Read more about re-sit examinations on this page. Norsk versjon - Utsatt eksamen - kont
Which courses have re-sit examinations? #
In courses in which written exams or oral examinations are held only once in the academic year, a re-sit examination is to be arranged before the next ordinary examination.
Does my course has two regular exams per academic year, or has one regular and one re-sit exam? See the course webpage - find your course and go to the tab "Examination".
When will the re-sit examinations be organized? #
The re-sit examinations will be held in August (week 32 and 33) for a number of courses. You will find information about this at each course's website - tab "Examination". The status code will be "UTS" and the term will be "Summer".
The dates will be published 15 July on each course's web page (search for last year's course, then go to "Examination") and on Studentweb.
Courses with re-sit examinations held during the academic year will have status code "UTS" and term will be "Spring" or "Autumn". You will also find the examination date under the tab "Examination".
Can I register for a re-sit examination? #
You can register for a re-sit examination if you have
- taken the examination autumn or spring this academic year, but did not pass
- legitimate absence for the examination for this course autumn or spring or both semesters in this academic year
You can only register for a re-sit examination in the academic year you have/were supposed to have taken the ordinary exam for the course.
Please note that you can not register for a re-sit exam to retake a passed exam.
When do I register for a re-sit examination? #
Deadlines for registration:
- Re-sit exams in week 32/33: 9 July.
- Re-sit exams in the autumn and spring semester: 15 September (Autumn) and 1 February (Spring)
You can not register before your grade from the ordinary examination has been published in Studentweb.
How do I register for a re-sit examination? #
Register for re-sit examinations via Studentweb.
Cancel my exam registration #
Deadline for cancelling your registration for re-sit exams:
- Re-sit exams in week 32/33: 20 July.
- Re-sit exams in the autumn and spring semester: 14 days before the examination date. You'll find the exact date in Studentweb.