Norsk versjon – Mentimeter
What is Mentimeter? #
Mentimeter is an online student response system, which enables simple and user-friendly audience interaction. Teachers can create numerous types of questions or tasks, and students participate with their mobile phones or computers. Results are shown in real-time as graphs or illustrations. Use Mentimeter to activate your students, facilitate discussion or check the mood.
How can I use Mentimeter? #
You can use Mentimeter in different ways depending on what you want to achieve.
- Do you want to "warm up" students at the beginning of the class? Or get the students' attention so that they feel engaged and connected despite being online? You can, for example, ask your students about where they are participating from and display the answers in a word cloud. Or you can ask students about how engaged they are in today's theme and show the answers on a scale of 1-5.
- Want to know if students understand their homework and find out if they're prepared for today's class? You can start the lesson with a quiz and then see if there's a common issue you need to explain further to make sure everyone understands.
- Is everyone involved and understanding the class or do the students want you to explain something again? You can hold a quiz, or ask students to rate what's most important that you go through again.
- You can use Mentimeter with students as a brainstorming tool. Students enter their ideas around the theme or problem, which are collected visually in a word cloud. In this way, the students also get to see each other's thoughts and ideas.
- Do you want to know the students' opinions on a topic? You can ask an open-ended question in Mentimeter where you ask students' opinions about a topic. The students can then go together two and two and discuss the answers that appear.
- You can also use Mentimeter to wrap things up with the students at the end of the lesson. What did they learn? What do they still not understand? What are they looking forward to learning more about?
NTNU doesn't offer full support for Mentimeter, but there is help available from Mentimeters own Help Center.
NTNUs Mentimeter Webinar #
Mentimeter held a webinar for NTNU staff in February 2020. You can see a recording of the presentation here.
Intergration with other tools #
Mentimeter can easily be used as part of an online teaching session with Blackboard Collaborate or other video conferencing service. By sharing your sceen in Collaborate and giving students the code to your Menti you can view the results of your Menti live and as part of your teaching.
How to get started #
Here are a couple of links that can help you get the most out of Mentimeter and best practice:
- Getting started with Mentimeter
- Tips on how to use "audience pace" for online sessions
- How to share presentations with your colleagues
- Mentimeter's blog
- Mentimeter's accessibility statement
Do you already have a Mentimeter account, and want to reuse it with the NTNU license?
- Log in to your existing account and change the e-mail address to your NTNU e-mail address.
- Log out, and back in using the button below.
Help and support #
NTNU does not offer support on Mentimeter, but there is an online knowledge base.
License information #
Site license: Available to all employees and students.
Used primarily by teachers at NTNU.
Note that the program can only be used for academic work and not for commercial work.
Data Processing Agreement #
Mentimeter is a collaboration service that requires a data processing agreement.
Supplier information #
Manufacturer: See more about Mentimeter at Mentimeter AB