How to delete cookies
Most modern browsers (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.) are set to accept cookies automatically. This is a setting you can change. Norsk versjon: Slik kan du slette informasjonskapsler.
Delete or block cookies #
If you wish to disable cookies in your browser, you can do this in the browser's security settings.
- How to delete or prevent cookies in Internet Explorer 11
- How to delete or prevent cookies in Internet Explorer 9 and 10
- How to delete or prevent cookies in Internet Explorer 8
What is a cookie? #
A cookie is a text file that is downloaded and stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies can be used to store user settings, and to record the pages you visit and which choices you make while using them. You can read more about cookies and how you use them by clicking "Help" in your browser.
- to store user preferences, e.g. language settings
- to manage logons, and sessions
- to collect statistics in order to improve NTNU's web pages