Fitness initiatives for employees in Trondheim
Fitness classes are available for all employees at NTNU in Trondheim. The page contains information on when, where and a description of the classes.
Norsk versjon - Felles treningstimer for ansatte ved NTNU i Trondheim
Free classes for employees #
- The classes are free for all employees at NTNU
- These classes have been created with help from SiT, but a SiT membership is not required for attending
- The current program is valid autumn 2019
Dragvoll sports centre #
- Wednesdays 15.00-15.45: Stærke ansatte, in "Aerobicsalen" (January 8th - April 30th)
The class is held at, SiT Dragvoll treningssenter
Gløshaugen Idrettsbygget #
- Tuesdays 08.00-08.45: Yoga, in the "Sal 1" (January 14th - March 31th)
- Tuesdays 15.00-15.45: Stærke ansatte, in the "Armfeltsalen" (January 7th - April 30th)
- Thursdays 15.00-15.45: Not set as of September 30th
Description of classes #
Stærke ansatte #
This class involves circuit strength training that challenges your core muscles, strength and condition. 5 working periods à 5 min. Each station has 2–3 exercises that challenge different groups of muscles. The exercises are performed one after the other without pause, and with a difficulty that is adapted to your physical shape.
Wear good shoes. Remember to bring a bottle of water.
Yoga Classes for NTNU Employees will involve both physical poses and breathing exercises, as well as a short mindfulness practice to tackle the physical and psychological effects of work environment and work stress on employees. A typical class will start with some gentle physical practice and will be followed by a relaxation section that may include some breathing exercise and/or a few minutes of mindfulness. The classes will be suitable for most people.
Although there will be some progression in the physical poses throughout the course, each class will be individually designed so that continuous following will not be completely necessary. Therefore, the participants can easily adjust the class, even after missing a class or two; though, they are encouraged to join the classes as often as they can.
- You do not have to sign up for these classes - just show up!
- Bring you personal work-ID and show in the reception when you arrive
Contact information #
- Tina Hagen, occupational physiotherapist
Last updatet 30.09.2019