European Funding MH - Societal challenges
This page provides information to researchers at The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences about European research funding opportunities.
SC 1. Health, demographic change and wellbeing #
Health, demographic change and well-being is one of eight topics of the ‘Societal Challenges’ arm of H2020. The overall aim of this particular topic is better health for all, with a focus on managing Europe’s ageing population and the development of new, safer and more effective interventions.Projects typically last 2-5 years and are awarded between €3 and 6 million in funding.
Mainly research and innovation activities (RIA) are funded, except the HCO-topics, in which mainly coordination and support activities (CSA) are funded (e.g. networking, setting up a research agenda, building consortia, etc.)
General features for this funding programme:
- Minimum of 3 participants from 3 different "EU" countries: EU-27 + associated member states (Israel, Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Turkey, Croatia, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Serbia, Albania, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, Republic of Moldova)
- Duration typically between 2 and 5 years
- Projects typically have an EC-contribution between 3 - 6 mln. Euro, though there are a some larger projects with up to 25 mln Euro funding.
Check the 2016-2017 workprogramme and Guide for Applicants for your topic on the specific requirements for your topic!
Each call topic is organised as follows:
- Specific Challenge: outlines the context and challenges and explains why intervention is required.
- Scope: delineates the objectives of the project and states the amount of funding available.
- Expected Impact: describes what is expected to be achieved in the project.
- Type of action: states the project type (e.g. research and innovation, coordination and support).
Your project idea must be adapted to address all elements of text in the call precisely
Overview of the call topics in the 2016-2017 workprogramme and deadlines:
Deadline 19th January 2016 #
- SC1-PM-14–2016 (RIA) EU-Japan cooperation on Novel ICT Robotics based solutions for active and healthy ageing at home or in care facilities
Deadline 16th February 2016 #
- SC1-HCO-09–2016 (CSA) EU m-Health hub including evidence for the integration of mHealth in the healthcare systems
- SC1-HCO-10–2016 (CSA) Support for Europe’s leading Health ICT SMEs
- SC1-HCO-11–2016 (CSA) Coordinated action to support the recognition of Silver Economy opportunities arising from demographic change
- SC1-HCO-12–2016 (CSA) Digital health literacy
- SC1-HCO-13-2016 (CSA) Healthcare Workforce IT skills
- SC1-HCO-14–2016 (CSA) EU-US interoperability roadmap
- SC1-HCO-15-2016 (CSA) EU eHealth Interoperability conformity assessment
- SC1-HCO-16-2016 (CSA) Standardisation needs in the field of ICT for Active and Healthy Ageing
- SC1-PM-12–2016 (PCP) PCP - eHealth innovation in empowering the patient
- SC1-PM-13–2016 (PPI) PPI for deployment and scaling up of ICT solutions for active and healthy ageing
- SC1-PM-18–2016 (RIA) Big Data supporting Public Health policies
Deadline 13th April 2016 #
- SC1-HCO-01-2016 (CSA) Valorisation of FP7 Health and H2020 SC1 research results
- SC1-HCO-02-2016 (CSA) Standardisation of pre-analytical and analytical procedures for in vitro diagnostics in personalised medicine
- SC1-HCO-04–2016 (CSA) Towards globalisation of the Joint Programming Initiative on Antimicrobial resistance
- SC1-HCO-05–2016 (CSA) Coordinating personalised medicine research
- SC1-HCO-06–2016 (CSA) Towards an ERA-NET for building sustainable and resilient health system models
- SC1-PM-01-2016 (RIA) Multi-omics for personalised therapies addressing diseases of the immune system
- SC1-PM-04–2016 (RIA) Networking and optimising the use of population and patient cohorts at EU level
- SC1-PM-05–2016 (COFUND-EJP) The European Human Biomonitoring Initiative
- SC1-PM-06–2016 (RIA) Vaccine development for malaria and/or neglected infectious diseases
- SC1-PM-09–2016 (RIA) New therapies for chronic diseases
- SC1-PM-11–2016-2017 (RIA) Clinical research on regenerative medicine
- SC1-PM-21-2016 (RIA) Implementation research for scaling-up of evidence based innovations and good practice in Europe and low- and middle-income countries
Deadline first stage 4th October 2016, second stage 11th April 2017 #
- SC1-PM-02-2017 (RIA) New concepts in patient stratification
- SC1-PM-07–2017 (RIA) Promoting mental health and well-being in the young
- SC1-PM-08–2017 (RIA) New therapies for rare diseases
- SC1-PM-10–2017 (RIA) Comparing the effectiveness of existing healthcare interventions in the adult population
Deadline 31st January 2017 #
- SC1-PM-15-2017 (RIA) Personalised coaching for well-being and care of people as they age
Deadline 14th March 2017 #
- SC1-PM-16–2017 (RIA) In-silico trials for developing and assessing biomedical products
- SC1-PM-17–2017 (RIA) Personalised computer models and in-silico systems for well-being
- SC1-PM-19–2017 (PPI) PPI for uptake of standards for the exchange of digitalised healthcare records
Deadline 11th April 2017 #
- SC1-HCO-03–2017 (ERA-NET-Cofund) Implementing the Strategic Research Agenda on Personalised Medicine
- SC1-HCO-07–2017 (RIA) Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases (GACD)
- SC1-HCO-08–2017 (CSA) Actions to bridge the divide in European health research and innovation
- SC1-PM-03–2017 (RIA) Diagnostic characterisation of rare diseases
- SC1-PM-20-2017 (RIA) Development of new methods and measures for improved economic evaluation and efficiency measures in the health sector