Email on Android for Employees
Here you can read about how to set up your NTNU email account for access on an Android mobile phone. Students can use Email for android instead.
Norsk versjon: Epost på Android 4
PS: The Outlook-App will not work with NTNU e-mail for employees. Reason being security issues.
Which Android version do I have? #
If you are uncertain of which version your Android mobile phone is running, locate the phone's Settings button from the main menu and then select About phone. Here you will find exactly which version of Android is running your mobile phone.
Set up, step by step 7.x.x #
- Select Settings from the drop down menu.
- Select Cloud and accounts.
- Select Accounts.
- Choose Add account.
- Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- Write your e-mail address and password and click Sign in (You might recieve an error here, but continue the process) Click Sign in.
- Enter your details as shown below, where your email address is your NTNU email and and domain/username is win-ntnu-no\yourNTNUusername. Proceed by clicking Sign in, followed by apply.
- Select Activate.
You should now be able to find your inbox in the Android email app.
Set up, step by step 4.x.x #
1. Open Settings.
2. Next, choose Add account.
3. Select Exchange.
4. Enter your NTNU email adress and your password, and select Manual setup.
5. In the field for Domain/username enter email@example.com or "win.ntnu.no\username" (same as for Innsida) and password, as indicated, and mail.ntnu.no as mail server. Also, for secure connection encryption by sure to select SSL.
5. Choose OK.
8. Choose your account options and select next.
9. For the last step, click "Activate" and you are finished.
Orakel Support Services can help if you have questions or if you encounter difficulties.