Email on Android for Employees
Here you can read about how to set up your NTNU email account for access on an Android mobile phone. Students can use Email for android instead.
Norsk versjon - Epost på Android for ansatte
The IT division recommends that you only use one app for email per device.
Outlook for Android #
The Microsoft Outlook app is the recommended email app if you want to access email on your mobile phone and/or tablet with Android.
- Install the app from Google Play Store. Open the app.
- Tap Get started.
- Uncheck any email accounts that the installer finds, and then select Skip.
- Enter your email address this way: email@example.com. Select Continue.
(if you are prompted to select the account type, tap Exchange)
- Fill in the fields Server, Domain\Username and Password as the illustration shows. Add a description if you want. Then select the check mark to complete (top right of the screen).
- Tap Activate and then Activate again.
- Select Add if you want to add more accounts. If not, select Maybe later. Outlook is now ready for use.
Email app for Android 7.x.x #
- Select Settings from the drop down menu.
- Select Cloud and accounts.
- Select Accounts.
- Choose Add account.
- Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
- Write your e-mail address and password and click Sign in (You might recieve an error here, but continue the process) Click Sign in.
- Enter your details as shown below, where your email address is your NTNU email and and domain/username is win-ntnu-no\yourNTNUusername. Proceed by clicking Sign in, followed by apply.
- Select Activate.
You should now be able to find your inbox in the Android email app.
Email app for Android 4.x.x #
1. Open Settings.
2. Next, choose Add account.
3. Select Exchange.
4. Enter your NTNU email adress and your password, and select Manual setup.
5. In the field for Domain/username enter firstname.lastname@example.org or "win.ntnu.no\username" (same as for Innsida) and password, as indicated, and mail.ntnu.no as mail server. Also, for secure connection encryption by sure to select SSL.
5. Choose OK.
8. Choose your account options and select next.
9. For the last step, click "Activate" and you are finished.
Orakel Support Services can help if you have questions or if you encounter difficulties.