Email and calendar on mobile devices for employees
As an NTNU employee, you can log into and use the University's e-mail system with most mobile telephones, tablets and similar mobile communication devices.
Norsk versjon - E-post og kalender på mobile enheter
Email setup on Android and iOS #
The following links will help you to access your NTNU email using the set up the most popular devices and operating systems.
Most mobile devices can "sync" with NTNU's Exchange email system using Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync service. To set up your electronic device to syncronise your NTNU Exchange email account, you will need to create a new syncronisation account and input the following data to your device.
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org (Your NTNU username)
- Password: existing NTNU-password
- Server address: mail.ntnu.no
- Domain: empty or win.ntnu.no
- SSL: on/yes
Wipe personal data from your phone #
In the event that your mobile phone or other mobile communications device is lost or stolen, you can remotely wipe NTNU Exchange data. To do this, you will need to access your NTNU Exchange account from a computer with Internet access:
- First, log in to your webmail account
- Click on "Options" (top right) and select "See All Options"
- Below "Account" on the left side of the screen select "Phone"
- Select the telephone that you want to deactivate and then click on "Empty Device (Tøm enhent)" and "Yes."
- Your telephone or device will be emptied of its NTNU Exchange content. If the device is turned off, it will be emptied the next time it connects to the NTNU Exchange system.
- Here you can read more about mobile telephones and Microsoft Exchange email
Orakel Support Services can help if you have questions or if you encounter difficulties.