Email Using Outlook
Below you will find instructions for e-mail setup - and some useful functions, in Outlook.
Norsk versjon - E-post med Outlook
Account settings in Outlook #
You can manually add email accounts to Outlook. Adding NTNU accounts manually requires some information and settings, which is provied below.
- Server address: mail.ntnu.no (select cached mode)
- Email address: NTNU email address (e.g. email@example.com)
- Username: NTNU firstname.lastname@example.org (Some user may have NTNUemail@example.com)
- Password: Your NTNU password
- Domain: win.ntnu.no
- SSL: On
Installing Outlook manually #
You can install Outlook manually, and information on how to install is provided below. These guides are currently only available in Norwegian.
- Install Outlook manually (Norwegian only)
Automatic replies #
Outlook can automatically reply to emails you receive. This is useful when you're absent or on holiday. An automatic reply can for instance contain information on when you're back, and how you can be reached. You can add automatic replies in both webmail and Outlook. For more information, see Automatic reply from email.
You can create a signature for outgoing emails. The best practice is to include your full name, title, department, and the telephone numbers at which both internal and external callers can reach you. How to set up an Email signature in Outlook.
Shared Mailbox Using IMAP #
- How to Set Up Shared Mailbox Using IMAP (NTNU Wiki, Norwegian only)
User guides #
- Basic tasks in Outlook (external)
Orakel Support Services can help if you have questions or if you encounter difficulties.