Electric cars for work-related use
NTNU employees can reserve electric cars for work-related use. Norsk versjon: Låne elbil til tjenestekjøring
Table of Contents [-]
- Regulations for borrowing electric cars
- Overview of available electric cars
- Reserving an electric car
- All cars are equipped with GPS
- How to use the electric cars
Only employees can borrow electric cars. A valid drivers licence is required.
It is not allowed to reserve electric cars on behalf of others.
The user of the electric car is responsible for cleaning the car with wipes / disposable cloths before and after use:
- Before driving: use disposable wipes in the car to clean contact surfaces: Door handle, steering wheel, gear lever, seat belt, lever for wipers/indicator light etc.
- After driving: use disposable wipes in the car to clean contact surfaces: Door handle, steering wheel, gear lever, seat belt, lever for wipers/indicator light etc
- The requirement of 1 meter distance between persons must be complied with.
- The key cabinets are placed by the entrance of buildings where there is access to Antibac. The cleaners will clean the card readers regularly.
- Wash your hands after using the car.
Regulations for borrowing electric cars #
- The electric cars are only available for work-related use and activities in connection with NTNU.
- The electric cars may not be used for private purposes because the insurance does cover this. The employee will/may be held personally liable for accidents/accidents using NTNU's electric cars in private errands. (Read more under "All cars are equipped with GPS" and Statens personalhåndbok punkt 10.21.1.).
- The cars may only be used for short meetings; not full-day meetings or field visits where the car will be placed unused for a day or over several days.
- Due to insurance regulations, you must always park the electric car at NTNU after use. You cannot park the car at home and keep it there overnight
- You can park the (NTNU) electic car free of charge at NTNU's parking lots, but please avoid parking in Zone A at Kalvskinnet and at HC and MC parking lots.
Overview of available electric cars #
The cars have names that indicate where they are parked / should be parked after use.
The electric cars "NTNU Gløs Bil 1 (EL41482)" og "NTNU Gløs Bil 2 (EL41483)" are parked between Chemistry Block 1 and 2 in Sem Sælands vei.
The locker is located in Central Building 1, by the exit to Skiboli
The keys are stored in a locker that you can open with your access card.
Names of electric cars:
- NTNU Gløs Bil 1 (EL41482)
- NTNU Gløs Bil 2 (EL41483)
- NTNU Gløs Bil 3 (EL41484) - Parked outside Elektro B
- NTNU Gløs Bil 4 (EV41678)
- NTNU Gløs Bil 5 (EK60112)
- NTNU Gløs Bil 6 (EK17139)
Name of electric car: NTNU MH Bil 1 (EL41485)
Location: Parking garage Finalebanen
The key can be borrowed from Maren Ellingsberg i Olav Kyrres gate 9, MTFS rom 3217, but she is not able to answer questions about the cars or the loan scheme.
NB: You have to bring the charger cable with you; do not leave it in the parking garage.
The keys are stored in a locker that you can open with your access card. The locker is located in Building 6, level 3, exit C.
Names of electric cars:
- NTNU Dragvoll Bil 1 (EL41890)
- NTNU Dragvoll Bil 2 (EL41891)
Marine Technology Centre #
The keys are stored in a locker that you can open with your access card. The locker is located near the entrance on the ground floor of the Marine Technology Centre.
Name of electric car: NTNU Marintek Bil 1 (EL41889)
The keys are stored in a locker that you can open with your access card. The locker is located in the entrance faceing the Snekkerverksted in Akrinn.
Name of electric car: NTNU Kalvskinnet Bil 1 (EL41888)
Tungasletta 2 #
Key is found in key cabinets by elevator in building A, 1st floor. To open the key cabinet, you must have ordered the car. Key is extracted from a key cabinet that opens with your access card: Drag card reader, enter PIN code + #
Name of electric car: NTNU Tungasletta Bil 1 (EL84836)
Reserving an electric car #
1. Create a New meeting in your Outlook calendar
2. Click on the "To" button
You should check the cars' availability before you send your reservation request via your Outlook calendar. That way you will not have to receive an unnecessary e-mail telling you that the car is unavailable.
3. Search for and select all the cars that belong to your workplace. Select several cars by pressing and holding the CTRL button while selecting. Click OK.
4. Click on Planning assistant / Planning (Mac)
5. Find an available time period for one of the cars. Remember to uncheck the cars you don't want to reserve.
6. Go back to Agreement
7. State the purpose of your electric car reservation (e.g. «Meeting with Sintef») in the subject line.
8. Select time period (NB: Remember that you have to drive to and from your destination).
9. Click on Send. You will receive a reservation confirmation. The reservation should also be visible in your calendar.
All cars are equipped with GPS #
The reason for this is that all use of government cars has to be documented (see the Government Personnel Manual, subsection 10.21.1. (in Norwegian)). To ensure that this is correctly executed, the Technical Division has installed electronic log-books in all vehicles.
The system uses GPS to register the vehicle's position. We do not register who the driver is, only the car's movements. We have a "passive" map system, which allows us to see where the vehicle is at any given time, but we cannot follow the vehicle's movements on the map.
The vehicle's positions are registered automatically, and the registration meets all applicable requirements. Registered data is stored for 10 years.
Government electrical cars must not be used for private purposes, as this is not covered by the insurance. Employees will be held personally responsible for accidents occurring while using NTNU cars for private purposes.
How to use the electric cars #
The cars have only 4 seats.
Charger cable #
You have to unlock the car to release the charger cable. Press the "unlock" button on the remote control.
Bring the charger cable in the car when you leave the parking lot. This prevents the charger cable from being stolen, and allows you to charge the car at your destination. An extra charger cable is located in the boot.
Starting the car #
Put the key in the ignition (the key appears when you press the blank button on the remote). Depress the brake pedal and "start" the car for approx. 3 seconds. The brake pedal will sink slightly. When turning on the ignition, a few warning and indicator lights will appear during the function check. These will disappear after a few seconds.
Driving the car #
With the brake pedal depressed, shift the shift lever to D. Release the brake pedal and depress the accelerator pedal carefully, and you are on your way. This car has an automatic transmission, so you do not have to change gears.
Parking the car #
Back the car (!) into its parking space (unless it is possible to continue forward after parking).
Depress the brake pedal – pull the handbrake – shift the shift lever to "P". Remove the key and lock the car when you leave it.
This car is equipped with an electronic log-book. All movements are electronically registered via the GPS control unit.
Always fill out the notice of claim if any damage to the car occurs. The notice of claim form is located in the glove compartment.
For errors and damages on electric cars, call 918 97 373, available 24/7. You must always fill out the notice of claim in case of any damage to the car! The notice of claim form is located in the glove compartment.
General questions about the electric car system at NTNU? Contact the Technical Division: email@example.com / phone 73 59 54 15
Key is found in key cabinets by elevator in building A, 1st floor. To open the key cabinet, you must have ordered the car and bring your admission card. Key is extracted from lockbox that opens with your access card: Drag card reader, enter PIN code + #