Digital school exam - for students
Norsk versjon - Digital skoleeksamen - for studenter
Recommended web browsers for Inspera Assessment: Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
Digital school exams
- You will be required to use your own laptop unless otherwise specified on studentweb.
The computer will need to fulfill some requirements:
- 1.1 Windows 7 or newer (Safe Exam Browser 2.2.3, autumn 2019)
1.2 MacOS 10.12 or newer (Safe Exam Browser 2.1.3, autumn 2019)
1.3 You will need administrator privileges to install Safe Exam Browser.
1.4 Linux, Android, iOS and ChromeOS are not supported at this time.
1.5 Running Safe Exam Browser in a VM is grounds for being excluded for cheating.
- Make sure you update your computer, run a windows update / MacOS update before the exam day.
- Log in to Inspera and take a demo test to ensure everything is working as it should.
- Experiencing any technical issues? Please contact Orakeltjenesten for assistance. If you are unable to bring a laptop to the exam, you may request to borrow a computer using this form. Do note that our supply of computers is limited. The form sends an automatic reply.
- Internet: We recommend that everyone delete the networks 'ntnu' and 'ntnuguest' from their WiFi interfaces. Use eduroam and check the 'connect automatically' box. Log in to eduroam using firstname.lastname@example.org and you NTNU password. Your exam answers will synchronize and save every 15 seconds and thus require internet-connection throughout the exam. (The software also stores a local copy in case of any network issues.)
- It is important to check that you have installed an updated version of Safe Exam Browser before your exam. The versions are regularly updated and might not always be backwards compatible.
- Always check where you are seated ahead of the exam (Studentweb) Note: Your subject may be placed in several rooms and zones, if you take a seat in the wrong place you may lose exam time while moving.
- Some exams will support sketches - See information on hand-drawn sketches
2. Day of the exam
- Bring your laptop and charger.
- Bring a valid ID.
- Bring a blue or black pen, you will be able to draft by hand or deliver sketches for some exams.
- Bring your subjects permitted aids
- Be at the exam location early, 30 minutes is adviced.
- Connect to Eduroam (WiFi).
- PIN/Password required to access the exam will be provided in the exam halls.
- Remember to quit Safe Exam browser before leaving the exam location.
Help during the exam
IT-support is available during exams in case anything should go wrong with your computer. If the problem is not quickly resolved, we will provide a NTNU computer and extra time will be given to compensate for lost time.
Special needs accommodation - for courses with digital examSee article on special needs accommodation.
Students who have been granted special needs accommodation to use a computer will be seated in a computer lab, and will not be able to use their own equipment without having an agreement with the NTNU exams office. For students with dyslexia we can recommend using LingDys, the built-in proofing tool in Inspera Assessment or Microsoft Word proofing. Dyslexia-certificate can be uploaded as an attachment. If you would like to include your dyslexia-certificate, let us know by using this form. Please note that you must send one form per course code/exam. For home exams/other assignments you can include the dyslexia-certificate as an attachment yourself.
Cheating on exams
Cheating on exams can result in serious consequences for the student who cheats. If you are caught cheating, you may be:
- Banned from the university for a year.
- You may be denied the right to take the exam at other universities and university colleges.
- Your exam will be annulled.
- For further information see Cheating on exams.
See information on the different locations here: exam locations
Kontakt & brukerstøtte
Telephone: 735 95100You may also see Inspera Assessment support