Digital home exam - for students
This site contains information about how to deliver your home exam, report, hand-ins, project assignments, bachelor´s- and master´s thesis, as well as other graded assignments digitally in Inspera Assessment.
Norsk versjon - Digital hjemmeeksamen - for studenter
PS: Enable english subtitles
1. Preparations for your home exam
Due to the ongoing covid-19 situation, there will be extended use of hand drawings and software at this springs home exams. Pay close attention to information from your subject teachers, innsida intranet and studentweb. It is expected that all students have made themselves familiar with the necessary tools before the exam day.
We recommend that you use wired internet access during the exams if available. If you do not have the option of using wired internet access then we recommend that you have your computer as close to the wireless access point as possible with a stable connection. You may want to advise other users of the network you are on that the exam is being conducted so that they may adjust their use of the shared network if necessary.
If you happen to lose your internet connection then there are some other options you can consider like using a mobile device to setup a shared internet connection.
Update your computer a day or two before the exam to minimize the risk of it auto-updating during your exams. If you do not have a working computer, please contant Orakeltjenesten support services. They can provide you with support and knowledge about the exam system Inspera Assessment.
Borrowing a computer from NTNU:
If you are unable to resolve the issue and you are unable to aquire a computer by other means, please fill out this application to borrow a computer from NTNUs IT-dept. Please note that the supply of computers is limited. This is a temporary solution due to covid-19 spring 2020.
- Log in to Inspera Assessment.
We recommend using the browsers Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
Log in using your NTNU FEIDE username and password.
- Navigate to the "demo tests" tab and choose a demo test relevant for your home exam.
- The home exam in Inspera Assessment can include both questions to be answered directly in the exam tool, or as file uploads. Most home exams will have an auto delivery feature enabled. This means that what you have done and / or uploaded will be delivered automatically when the exam time expires. This stands out from school exam and bachelor/master, where you have to manually deliver. As with the school exam, what you do in the tool is automatically stored in intervals.
File upload questions will give you confirmation when a file is successfully stored. You may remove or replace existing files. Only the last version will be aviailable for the graders.
- Your exam will be visible in Inspera Assessment under "My Tests" a few days before the exam date.
2. During your exams
- Log in to Inspera Assessment and find your exam under "My tests".
- Always read the questions thoroughly.
- If your submission is supposed to be anonymous, make sure you remove author metadata from your files.
- Remaining time for your exam will always be visible in the top left corner, as a countdown.
- Be sure to upload any files before the exam time expires. Do not wait until the last possible second. Your submission will be locked when the exam time expires. See information below for what many do if you find yourself in a situation where the submission is locked and you did not get to upload everything in time.
3. After the exam
You are expected to verify what you have delivered and that it is correct. If you deliver before the examination time runs out, go into the questionset and look over your answers. Download any files you have uploaded and review the content.
If you would like to view or download your answer after the exam, log in to Inspera Assessment and navigate to the "Archive" tab.
We recommend that you save copies of your exam answers as you will lose access upon completion of your study at NTNU.
4. Frequently asked questions about digital submissions
- Will we have to use Safe Exam Browser for home exams?
Solution: No, home exams will be performed in your normal browser without any lockdown in regards your internet or software on your computer.
- Are there any technical requirements for home exams in Inspera Assessment?
Solution: Inspera Assessment does not support Internet Explorer, we also recommend you have a monitor larger than 10", any smaller screens might have issues with displaying the question set properly. Other than that - no technical limitations to note.
- Log into ntnu.inspera.no – But there is no test under “ My tests”.
Your exam will be visible under "My tests" about 1-2 days before the exam date. If the test doesn't appear, this mainly has two possible reasons:
- The browser has cached an empty version of the page – try incognito/private browser window.
- You are missing approval of necessary assignments or you are not signed up for the exam – contact your institute.
- Not able to upload your file/answer
Solution: This might be happening when you are trying to upload a file type that is not permitted. Your course-lecturer can define what filetypes are permitted .pdf for example. This information is visible above the upload button.
- Problems with delivery before deadline.
Solution:The administration at your institute administrates submissions. Contact your institute administration if you have trouble delivering. The Orakel support service can also help with questions, however they do not have access to administer the submission in the Inspera Assessment on behalf of the institute.
Note: Exams in the spring of 2020 that have changed the form of assessment from school to home exam will have access to IT Support during the home exam. If you experience problems, please contact IT Support (73 59 16 00).
- You wish to submit after the deadline.
Solution: Your institute has to decide if you are allowed to deliver after the deadline. Contact your student councelor and include a copy of the submission.
Note: Exams in the spring of 2020 that have changed the form of assessment from school to home exam will have access to IT Support during the home exam. IT Support will also be able to help you with these issues, as long as you contact them immediately.
Relevant guidesGroup submissions
Home exam with hand drawings
Home exam with third party software
How to create PDF documents
Pack and unpack zip-files/a>
NTNU Software farm
PDF Editor through software farm
Sharing internet through a mobile device
Remove author information from documents
Special needs accommodation
If you have dyslexia and wish to notify the grader(s) about this you can do so by attaching the dyslexia certificate to their answer. If you don’t have a digital version of the certificate at hand, fill out this form. The dyslexia certificate will then be uploaded as an attachment to your answer by the Examinations Office after the exam. This attachment will not be visible for you in the “Archive” tab in Inspera.Please check this article for more information about special needs accommodation.
Cheating on exams can result in annulation of the exam in which you cheated, in addition to suspensions from the University, and loss of the right to take the exam at other universities end university colleges. For more information, see. NTNU's site on cheating on exams.
Contact & Supportorakel@ntnu.no
Tel: 735 91500Also see checklists and quick-quides at Inspera’s website.
Additional support spring semester 2020Since a large amount of school exams are converted to home exams without any change in duration, a separate IT Support team dedicated solely to exams will be created temporarily.
This is intended specifically for exams that do not last for several days and will only be staffed during the period of these exams. Those who have a home exam with duration of several days are to contact the Orakel support service and your Institute as normal.
Tel: 735 91600