Create a user account
If you are a new employee or student at NTNU, you must activate your user account to access NTNU's IT systems. This page shows you how.
Norsk versjon - Aktiver brukerkonto
International students #
International students activate their user accounts with the ID number and PIN code sent by email.
Before you activate your account #
You can activate your user account yourself, but first you have to take care of the following:
- You must have received a PIN code in an email from NTNU. The same code is used when logging in to StudentWeb.
- Unless you are an exchange student, you have to be connected to a program of study. Your program of study should appear on the main page of StudentWeb after you have logged in.
- Unless you are an exchange student, you have to pay your semester registration fee at NTNU. The registration of the payment can take up to three days after it has been made.
- Find your student number on StudentWeb. It can be found under "profile" in the upper right hand corner below your name when you are logged in.
When this is done and everything has been registered, you can activate your user account.
Activate your user account #
- Go to this site to activate your account. Enter the ID number sent by email, your student number and your PIN code. During the activation you will receive your username. You will also create a password or choose one from a given list.
- Press Activate user account. It is important that you remember your username and password.
If you don't have acces to Internet at home, you can activate your account on campus computers at:
- Gløshaugen: On the second floor in the Central building (Sentralbygg) II. See MazeMap for a map. The librarys have also PCs available.
- Dragvoll: In the street near Akademika bookshop. Dragvoll Library has also PCs available.
Activate your user account using electronic ID #
Employees and students with a Norwegian national ID number and an electronic ID (MinID or BankID) can activate using this link:
- When activating your username and e-mail address is provided to you.
- During activation you must choose a personal password.
- Make sure you remember your details - for security reasons, you will not get a receipt with this repeated.
- You need an e-ID (MinID, BankID or BankID på mobil) to activate this way.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) #
Can I change my username?
- No, usually not. Details can be found under change your username.
How can I change my password?
I've forgotten my PIN code, what should I do?
I've forgotten my username and/or password, what should I do?
- See the section about forgotten usernames and passwords.
I've studied at NTNU previously and had an account then, but I've started at a new program. Do I have to reactivate my account?
- No. If you remember your username and password you can try to log in. If this doesn't work, follow the steps for forgotten passwords.
What if I run into other problems?
- Contact Orakel Support Services.
More information #
Orakel Support Services can help if you have questions or if you encounter difficulties.