Create Innsida message channel
You can create a shared message channel as needed. This is particularly useful if you work with people from other departments or groups: share meeting minutes, discuss strategies and coordinate activities across campuses and locations.
Norsk versjon - Opprett ny meldingskanal
Creat a new channel #
(1) In the news menu, click on the button "Channels" at the bottom.
(5) Click "Create new channel".
Then fill in information about the new channel.
- Title: Use up to 40 characters.
- Description: A few words about the purpose of the channel.
- Channel icon: (optional) Upload an icon for the channel; a small illustration that can function as an icon for the channel (png, jpg, eller gif). The ideal size for icons is 16 x 16 pixles.
- Category (optional): Choose the category best suited, e.g. "Discussion and cooperation".
- Allow comments: Choose whether it should be allowed to comment.
- Write access: Controls who can post to the channel. If you choose "Verden" the channel will get an externaly accessible RSS feed.
- Read access: Controls who can subscribe to the channel.
You may also add a Rrelated website: (optional) Write the URL of the website for the department, project etc.
When the channel is created, you can read more about how you add administrators, statistics and members.
Q and A #
How can I invite others to subscribe to the new channel? #
- Share an Innsida message channel or add them manually.
Can I change the channel settings setting up the channel? #
- Yes. Message channel settings in Innsida can be changed anytime by the channel administrator.