Courses and help from the library
NTNU University Library offers guidance and help in using the library, as well as many types of courses.
Norsk versjon: Kurs og veiledning fra biblioteket
Courses for your programme of study #
The library offers courses designed for your programme of study or subject area. We offer courses in:
- literature search
- how to use references and how to cite your sources
- how to use reference management software (e.g. EndNote)
Contact your local library if you, as lecturer, want to integrate courses from the library in your teaching.
Open courses #
The library also offers open courses to employees and students. These courses are not part of study programmes or teaching, and require online registration.
We offer courses in how to
- search for literature
- use the library's resources
- use reference management software (e.g EndNote)
Tailored courses #
Do you want to learn more about literature searching, reference management, etc.? The library also offers tailored courses to groups of students and employees. The courses are held in the library or we can come to you.
Online resources #
- Academic writing - get help with your academic writing from the University Library
- PhD On Track is an online resource for PhD students
Learn how to search for literature and how to use databases in these useful video tutorials:
Help from the library #
Our libraries may offer individual or group guidance to students and employees at NTNU. The main areas we offer help in are information searches and literature, correct use of sources, copyright and reference management software. Some of our libraries also offer guidance in Cristin for employees and PhD research fellows. Contact your local library to enquire a session with a librarian. You need to use a separate form to book a help session at the Gjøvik Library. and a help session at the Ålesund Library.
- Idun Knutsdatter Østerdal if you have feedback regarding the content on this page.
- Contact your local library - if you have other questions.
Follow our Innsida channel “Nytt fra Universitetsbiblioteket” (“News from the University Library”).