Corona - Guidelines for fieldwork
In fieldwork, students and staff collect data or carry out tasks in their discipline. Fieldwork takes place outside NTNU’s ordinary environment for work and learning.
Norsk versjon: Retninglinjer for feltarbeid
For NTNU employees, students and associates, who participate in field trips.
These guidelines also apply to field courses, research voyages (fieldwork expeditions on vessels/ships/boats), student assignments outside NTNU’s premises, on-site inspection, and excursions/business and industry visits.
Ordinary work-related travel is not regarded as fieldwork.
General requirements #
- Clarify the fieldwork with your manager.
- Requirements in the guidelines for physical presencce on campus also apply to fieldwork. The location for the fieldwork is then considered "campus".
Risk assessment, before fieldwork #
- Fieldwork outside your own municipality must be considered especially carefully. Several municipalities have established their own guidelines to reduce the risk of infection. How will this affect the fieldwork project?
- How will the participants get to and from the fieldwork site? This must be weighed against the requirements for social distancing and the risk of infection.
- How is the opportunity to maintain good hand hygiene? Is it necessary to bring water and soap, or any means for hand disinfection?
- How does a participant get home if he or she develops symptoms of acute respiratory infection, or suspects Covid-19? In such cases, public transport should be avoided.
- Sanitation and, if relevant, accommodation (living and eating conditions, including cleaning) are regarded as especially challenging in terms of infection risk.
- Is job rotation possible? (to avoid several participants getting sick at the same time).
- How long will the fieldwork last?
- Are there guiding principles from the sponsor/contract partner for the fieldwork?
- The HSE section: Email: email@example.com
|Type of document||Guidelines|
|Managed by||HSE Section|
|Approved by||Head of HSE Section|
|Last update||24 March 2021|
|Effective until||April 2021|
|Exempt from public access||No|
|Reference internal documents|
Rector’s memo 10 November 2020 “Fysisk tilstedeværelse på campus – om hjemmekontor og digitale møter under koronapandemien” [“Physical presence on campus – about working from home and online meetings during the coronavirus pandemic”]
|These guidelines are subject to: Policy for emergency response capacity|