Blackboard - tips for quick navigation
Tips and tricks to navigate more efficiently in Blackboard.
Norsk versjon - Blackboard - tips til rask navigasjon
Quick navigation #
Did you know that there are several ways to navigate more easily within Blackboard? In this article, we will show you some useful tips on how to navigate more effectively in Blackboard.
Quick Links #
You can use Quick Links to quickly find the content or tool you are looking for on the page. For example, if you choose Grade Center, the window will automatically scroll to where the Grade Center is, and the name Grade Center will flash to indicate its exact location.
- Go to the top of the page and click on Quick Links.
- A new window will appear with links to the various elements on the page.
- Click on the element you are looking for, and Blackboard will show you where it is located.
Course-to-Course Navigation #
The Couse-to-course Navigation is a very useful tool for navigating to the same location between courses. As an example: If you are in the Learning materials content area in one of your courses, you can easily navigate to Learning materials in another course by using the Course-to-Course Navigation.
- Go to the top of the page and find the navigation menu.
- Click on the menu next to the course name and choose the course you want to navigate to.
Display all Course Content in one window #
This will give you a hierarchical view of all the content in your entire course.
- Go to the Course Menu and select the folder icon. This will open a new window with all the links in the Course Menu displayed as folders.
- Select Expand all in the upper right corner of the window. You can now see all course content and in which folder they are located.
Expanded navigation bar #
If you are working within a subfolder in one of your content areas, it is possible to navigate backwards by using the bread crumbs.
Global Navigation Menu #
In the upper right corner of Blackboard you will find the Global Navigation Menu. This menu provides you with links to various tools, as well as links to courses you have recently visited.
See also #
Orakel Support Services can help if you have questions or if you encounter difficulties.