Blackboard - help for students
On this page you will find help and resources for students using Blackboard learn.
Norsk versjon: Blackboard - hjelp for ansatte
Support Services #
Contact the Orakel Support Services if you need technical or practical assistance with Blackboard. This includes
- Problems with logging on
- Lack of access to Blackboard
- Missing courses in Blackboard
- Questions concerning use
- Requests for functionality
Blackboard has replaced itslearning and Fronter as NTNU's e-learning system from the autumn of 2017. A restricted number of courses have been piloting the new system since the autumn of 2016.
System service messages concerning the pilot are communicated through the message channel Driftsmeldinger om Blackboard pilot (in Norwegian only).
Sources for help #
These resources are available students who need assistance with Blackboard.
Training resources on the Blackboard topic page #
On the Blackboard topic page you will find an overview of videos and wiki user manuals produced locally at NTNU. Digital training are being developed continuously and will be made available here as they are ready.
Blackboard Help - Blackboard's own help pages #
Blackboard has it's own comprehensive knowledge database. Note that the descriptions of functionality and use found on these pages do not always reflect Blackboard as the system is adapted at NTNU.
Other information #
- The message channel E-læring (in Norwegian only) gives information on e-learning at NTNU.
Suggest improvements #
Concrete suggestions for improvements to or new functionality in Blackboard, can be submitted to the Orakel Support Services. Cases will be assessed and registered and you can keep track of the process here:
- See all registered cases (check if the issue is already registered before submitting).
- Cases sorted by topic/category
Bb Student - Blackboard's own app for students #
The app Bb Student is available for Windows, Android and IOS. It helps you keep track of due dates and changes in your courses, while letting you access learning materials, submit course work, keep in touch with fellow students and lecturers, and more.
Frequently asked questions #
How do I log on to Blackboard?
- You will find a login button on the topic page for Blackboard
- You have a login tile in Innsida's "waffle menu"
- You can also add Blackboard as a system short cut on Innsida by clicking the computer screen icon, choosing "Add or remove systems", place a checkmark for Blackboard and clicking "OK".
Why am I not able to log on?
- Use your NTNU user name and password (Feide)
- As a student you need to be enrolled in a Blackboard course, have paid the semester fee and have activated your NTNU user in order to obtain access.
- Contact the Oracle Support Services if you need further help.
Will I no longer be able to use itslearning/Fronter?
itslearning and Fronter was available until July 15, 2017, and is now closed. As of the autumn of 2017 Blackboard is the only e-learning system at NTNU.