Blackboard - Instructor app for employees
This guide is an introduction to the Blackboard Instructor app. Blackboard Instructor is a mobile app that enables lecturers to view course content and communicate with students through forums or Blackboard Collaborate. The app is available on iOS and Android mobile devices.
Norsk versjon - Instructor app for ansatte
NB! The Blackboard Instructor app is only available for instructors. For the student app, go to this page: App for students.
Downloading the app #
Search for and choose NTNU as your institution. Login with your Feide user.
Exploring the app #
In the Instructor app you can get access to the courses where you are registered as a lecturer.
Access courses #
- When you log in, you will see a list of all current courses where you have the role as an instructor.
- If you have many courses, it can be practical to hide those you don't actively use. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and click on the box Ingen skjulte emner (1) (No hidden courses). Click on the courses you wish to hide; you will see them turn grey (2). Click Lagre (Save) to save the changes and to get back to the list of courses.
Course overview #
When you select a course in the Instructor app, you get an overview of your course, as well as quick access to course content and tools.
(A) Leveringsfrister (Due dates)
Here you will get an overview of all the assignment deadlines for the two coming weeks.
(B) Kunngjøringer (Announcements)
Here you can view and create new announcements.
(C) Emneinnhold (Course content)
Here you get access to all of the course's content. You will see the same structure here as when you view the course menu on Blackboard in a browser (Students wil see the same structure in their app). Currently you can only edit content whie viewing Blackboard in a browser.
Here you can participate in Collaborate sessions. Note that you have to open Blackboard in a browser to be able to create new sessions.
(D) Diskusjoner (Discussion Board)
Here you can create new threads and answer posts in the course forum. Note that you can only create a new forum while viewing the course in a browser.
Settings Menu #
- Click on the hamburger menu (1) in the top left corner, and choose Innstillinger (2) (Settings) in the pop up menu. Here you will find such things as help (Hjelp) and log out (Logg av).
See also #
- Feature Guide for the Blackboard Instructor App
- Video introducing Blackboard Intructor
- For instructors: Best practices for mobile-friendly courses
Orakel Support Services can help if you have questions or if you encounter difficulties.